Whats wrong with my truck??

yoshi470

EDP Janitor
Ok this problem is really getting frustrating after p pumping my truck. Got the swap all done a few weeks ago now and something just isnt right. I was driving my truck last week and it seemed like really sluggish had NO power at all and wouldnt even blow a puff of smoke. So i then took off the inspection plug and thought id mess with my gov springs to see if that would help. Well when i pulled the plug about 3/4 quart of oil came gushing out of the oil and i knew that wasnt normal. So i did some research and found out that i had the wrong oil fitting going into the pump and it wasnt restricted enough, so i ordered the restricted fitting from GOT-Torque on here and put it in today thinking that was the problem. Got the fitting on and took it out for a spin and the same thing is still going on. Truck was very slugglish...feels like less power than stock. Got it back in the shop and took out the inspection plug and sure enough a bunch of oil started gushing out once again? Also another thing i've only put about 3-4 miles on my truck since the swap and the first few times i drove it, it felt normal had excellent power would really roal the coal?? Wtf is going on?

has it been low on power since the swap or just became this way this past week?

Check for boost leaks, also test your afc on the bench to be sure it's moving.

last line in his post says truck ran fine first few times he drove it and had good power.. so im guessing it just recently acted this way. how much boost? egt's normal for your truck?

I would take apart the afc and check it out. The excessive oil may have damaged the diaphram. Oil maybe clogging the boost line into the afc too.

well the first few times i drove the truck i didnt have the afc line hooked up. I just hooked that up the other day. But when the line wasnt hooked up and the first time i drove the truck it had good power. And now it feels like less than stock? And the last two times i've pulled the inspection plug oil has just poured out so its obviously not draining properly, i have the correct fitting on it with .080" of restriction. I dont think its anything to do with the afc IMO. And im currently waiting for my gauges to get here so i dont know any temps or boost at the moment.

Well I had the same problem you have with the line. I had oil all inside the AFC and into the boost line.

Make sure your shutoff lever has full travel to the open position.$.02

Every truck I have taken that inspection plug out of has lost a bit of oil. Pretty sure that is normal. If your shut off solenoid isn't pulling up far enough it will have a very negative impact on how your truck runs..

Every truck I have taken that inspection plug out of has lost a bit of oil. Pretty sure that is normal. If your shut off solenoid isn't pulling up far enough it will have a very negative impact on how your truck runs..

Well that last few times ive pulled the plug out its been A LOT of oil...not just a few little drips. Im pretty sure the way i have my pull cable rigged up to the shut down lever has something to do with this problem now that i think about it.

Oil out of the plug is normal, how does it sound running?

Wondering if the timing has slipped.

i dont think a quart tho is normal? It sounds good running and idling.

I wouldnt hardly think my timing slipped...i torqued the nut to 200ft/lbs and i havent even been over 2500rpms.

There is alot of oil in that gov housing, mine did not have a restricted fitting and I had no problems.

So while its running how much oil do you think is in the gov housing? Would it be above the inspection plug by a significant amount? Im thinking my problem might be in my shut off with it not being all the way forward.

Well that last few times ive pulled the plug out its been A LOT of oil...not just a few little drips. Im pretty sure the way i have my pull cable rigged up to the shut down lever has something to do with this problem now that i think about it.

When I did my GSK I lost about half a quart of oil between it draining like normal and barring the engine over to install and check spring tension.

So while its running how much oil do you think is in the gov housing? Would it be above the inspection plug by a significant amount? Im thinking my problem might be in my shut off with it not being all the way forward.

I would look at it first.

ok hopefully its just my shut off then, i will have to check it out when i get home.

well the first few times i drove the truck i didnt have the afc line hooked up. I just hooked that up the other day. But when the line wasnt hooked up and the first time i drove the truck it had good power. And now it feels like less than stock? And the last two times i've pulled the inspection plug oil has just poured out so its obviously not draining properly, i have the correct fitting on it with .080" of restriction. I dont think its anything to do with the afc IMO. And im currently waiting for my gauges to get here so i dont know any temps or boost at the moment.

So your saying the truck had good power with no boost to the afc?

my pump lets a bunch of oil out when i pull the plug, pretty shure its normal.

check the shutoff solinoid. alot of problems end up being just that.

Had the same problem with mine, turned out the solenoid wasn't pulling up all the way. I took the solenoid off and used a zip tie to hold it wide open to verify and voilà problem solved. Ps I have since replaced the high tech zip tie solution. Good luck