Where can I get one? (turbo related)

48snowman48

Plowboy
I bought a turbo from a member here, and am really anxious to get it in. The turbo is a 62/71/.8. I am ready to put it in, except I need an elbow to mate the outlet of the compressor housing to the pipe leading to the intercooler. The outlet on the turbo is approximately 3". Is this a common thing? Where can I get this elbow?

Would something like this work?
3" Cast Aluminum 90 Degree Elbow Pipe Turbo Downpipe:eBay Motors (item 160372011680 end time Nov-21-09 17:36:09 PST)

Or how about this?
3" Silicone 90 Degree Elbow Coupler Intercooler Turbo:eBay Motors (item 380169791510 end time Oct-26-09 18:27:49 PDT)

Would either of these seal up tight?

Thanks,
John

You can find them on ebay I dont think the ones you found will work the stock 90 has a machined lip that fits in the compressor housing just right and then the v band clamp mates the two.

Your stock turbo has a 90* elbow that should work. Do you still have your stock turbo?

The stock elbow is is smaller at one end than the other. Stock outlet is 2.something, this one measures around 3. I was hoping this was a common compressor outlet size.

I am away from the turbo right now, but I will get a pic up soon.

Back