Where to get injectors?

People are entitled to their opinions...

Anyways, I would go with Scheid. Never heard a bad thing about their injectors. When I get a set of 6X.016's thats who I'm going with.

He got sketty stains on his shirt, that's why! Slamming a vendor is a no no on this site. Especially when you're a cheerleader.

Scheid Diesel seems to be the only shop building 1st gen injectors that make power, as in 450+.

Now Bill how can you even say that? :badidea: When I made 638 on #2 I used a run of the mill set of 370's extrude honed to flow 72 lpm. I also have a set of Dynomite Diesel Injectors that were called stage 4's at the time that I bought them. They flowed 70 lpm and I lost about 25-30hp. I sent them back and they opened them up a little more and they now flow 74 lpm. I have not had the time to dyno back to back with them, but I am sure they will be real close to my old 370's which have about 185,000 miles on them and are still working just fine. In September 08 I dynoed 633hp with my old 370's before I started walking through my clutch. I am not sure how high it would have gone if the clutch would have held. Now I am searching for a new clutch or an auto. I just need to weigh my options. If anyone wants information on where I got my injectors PM me.

See Bill that's how you should talk. Don't talk smack about someone else's product unless you have personally tried their stuff.

Woodsrat and Highfinance97 just read some of bgilbert's:cheer: posts on any of the diesel sites and you will see what kind of person Bill really is. :blahblah1: That's what he does best. I hope you get a chance to read this before he cries wolf and tattles on me. :kick:

Stomp

I have made 472 diesel only with a 12mm pump, single turbo, stock cam and head with some 71 lpm 5x15 DDP's. Probably would have been close to 485 at sea level.

How do you edit stuff around here?

Anyway, message to Bill;
I have been reading your comments on this and other websites and they are getting old.
Although I agree with some/most/half of your comments and enjoy exchanging PM's and what other info we might have to share in the forums, you seem to be putting extra effort into being a..................................ummm...................................KNOTHEAD!:bang

Getting off topic here but; if one of those Nebraska boys breaks 5,6 or 700 horses, so be it. We could all benefit from it someday.

I have made 472 diesel only with a 12mm pump, single turbo, stock cam and head with some 71 lpm 5x15 DDP's. Probably would have been close to 485 at sea level.

What did those DDP's run you for price? What kind of charger are you running? Don't blame you if you don't want to answer the charger ?, I was just curious. I wouldn't mind having my truck up in those #'s, but unfortunately I wasn't blessed with a 5 speed.

I probly shouldn't have offered my opinion on whose 1st gen injectors have made 1st gen power. Not that I would know anything about that or know about certain individuals who have run certain injectors with twins or single chargers that should make the hp, but didn't make it. No, I'm just speaking from my rear, I don't know anything.

Buy whatever you think will work for your truck. I am of the old school TDR when we would try to help other 1st gen owners buy what works and not spend money on the wrong parts, help each other out etc.

It's no secret I run a 62/71/14 from Industrial Injection.
HTT sells the same thing.
A BD Super B Special is a 64/71/14 FYI.

I can't remember now but I think the injectors are around $800?

I'm pretty sure you can change the coverter and/or wire that tranny to make it a lockup.

I'm pretty sure you can change the coverter and/or wire that tranny to make it a lockup.

Yeah, I need that too, a lock up tranny:Cheer:. Thanks for the help guys, you too Bill. I'm just gauging possibilities and seeing who runs what and what works best before I go buying things I shouldn't. I'm kind of on my own with the VE pump trucks (except for Highfinance over there :rockwoot:) in my neck of the woods, so I'll take any kind of info, guidance, suggestions, and opinions that I can get. Thanks again guys.

New internals and nozzles. Only thing used is the body. I gave $930 a couple years ago. I have heard the price has gone up though. JAyers made 501rwhp with a single charger with one of their sets.

were the injectors 6x18's when he made 501? cuz i bought a set of 6x18's from a guy on here that said he bought them JAyers on another forum just wondering is all?

Not sure what size they are, but the 4 hole 190's, I believe I read, are a marine injector.

G-dubs, who did you buy your injectors from?

were the injectors 6x18's when he made 501? cuz i bought a set of 6x18's from a guy on here that said he bought them JAyers on another forum just wondering is all?
I probly shouldn't speak for him, but I'm pretty sure his latest 501 run was made with Scheid 6x16's. I know at the Scheid event in 2007 with that set he managed to put down 420ish with those 6x18's.