Where to go from here?

zrultima

Hey guys I'm in a bit of a dilemma with my build as you can see in my sig below are my current mods I really don't know what to do next so far my list is a steed speed manifold and to increase the timing To 23 degrees. I would like to O ring the head but it seems to be too much money at this point so I would like to just build up from here and when I'm financially ready do the o-ring

Ive been hearing all types of pricing do you guys have a ballpark figure on how much it would be im willing to take it up north if i get a better price?

ooh sorry forgot to put I have the S366 installed I have it on the cummins forum but not here remember Cornelius we went back and forth on it about spooling and what injectors

ooh sorry forgot to put I have the S366 installed I have it on the cummins forum but not here remember Cornelius we went back and forth on it about spooling and what injectors

:Cheer: I've got too much to keep track of to remember everything I say on CompD ha ha ha

Have you done your low pressure fueling? I think you'd pick up more by tossing a fuel pump on it with an overflow valve to make pressure than running a steed speed, although, get a steed speed too!

Well I am I am about to put in a Walbro fass and airdog are overprice and dependability is not great so I will stick with what I know and run a tortek ofv at 65psi if that is possible. I am guessing only place to go from here is twins I just want to see how far I can take the s366

I wish i could get it up to 600hp ill be very happy but so far the most i can take it is about 50psi. I would like to take it to the dyno but i would like to know what kind of setup would get me the most hp 600 hp would make me happy i should have enough fuel

Well today I went and race a bolt on and chipped 2004 qcsb 4x4 and well beat him by a truck length I was a little disappointed with my truck I thought I would beat him by a landslide he had a bullydog on extreme

Take your fuel plate out, play with the afc adjustments to get it fueling hard but still cleaning up (might have to swap afc spring and tighten the gov springs), bring your timing up to 21-23, and learn your truck better shifting and lock up wise.

You should be able to destroy that truck no problem if you're set up right and you know your truck.

A 12V with free pump mods, stock turbo, gov springs, exhaust, and tuning should pretty much keep up with a chipped early CR.

BTW, your truck is bolt on too ;-) I don't think you've made anything yourself yet have you?

Last edited:
Take your fuel plate out, play with the afc adjustments to get it fueling hard but still cleaning up (might have to swap afc spring and tighten the gov springs), bring your timing up to 21-23, and learn your truck better shifting and lock up wise.

You should be able to destroy that truck no problem if you're set up right and you know your truck.

A 12V with free pump mods, stock turbo, gov springs, exhaust, and tuning should pretty much keep up with a chipped early CR.

Well my truck smokes like a freight train till it spools at around 1800 rPM when I say bolt on intake exhaust and tune lol but I have a zero plate with Willy .25 DV. I beat him but just by one truck length a bit dissapointing

dead stop, with a boost launch, or you guys were rolling and he just lit hit turbo earlier? There are a ton of factors involved. You should also play with your tuning if you're smoking that much.

Too much low end fuel can hurt spool up.

18 degrees is on the low side of where I would run the timing with a s366 as well.

Last edited:
Well if you up your timing too much you lose spool up don't you? It was at a Dead Stop at a light I did not boost launch just hit the skinny pedal since I thought it was going to be a massacre but I was wrong.

Well if you up your timing too much you lose spool up don't you? It was at a Dead Stop at a light I did not boost launch just hit the skinny pedal since I thought it was going to be a massacre but I was wrong.

A 12v with an s366 will be a dog leaving the line regardless of where timing is at if you do not do a boosted launch of some degree. Yes lower timing is said to help low end spool up but if you are leaving a ton of power on the table there comes a point where the added timing is more beneficial than the slight amount of spool time you lose.

I'm guessing you have a 47re (especially since we're talking about boost launching), you can adjust your TV screw so you hold 1st gear longer, you can accelerate harder/spool better by controlling your foot, then stomp it once you're spooled up. Or use the shifter to stay in 1st longer. I like to lock in 1st if I'm fast enough, then shift to second locked and go from there.

Like I said, learn the truck more.

And you'll enjoy timing if you go higher. I really didn't feel any negative effects going from the stock 14 to 21. I want to bump it up some but I'm too busy/lazy lately.

Yeah i would like to bump my timing to 23 but i dont really know how to do it. Well like i said i feel like i could do alot more boost went up to 50 psi and cleaned up well spools decent definetely feels faster than the stocker

Was your TC locked? If not, you were probably just spinning that TC like crazy when she cleaned up.

If you do not know how to set timing how might you know you are at 18* still? It is worth its weight in gold to buy a timing kit if you own a 12v and plan to hot rod it much. Timing frequently slips on these trucks gradually over time.