Where to go from here?

If you do not know how to set timing how might you know you are at 18* still? It is worth its weight in gold to buy a timing kit if you own a 12v and plan to hot rod it much. Timing frequently slips on these trucks gradually over time.

Eh, I've never seen timing slip other than if you don't retorque it after the first ride, or you're really pushing big power.

Like I said in another thread, I like to pin it, bar the engine, and measure rotation based on circumference of the balancer, then toss the gear back on, take it for a light spin, then torque the nut again and you're good!

you're probably right it was up at a shop about 2 years ago 18 degrees Hot Rod my truck a lot so I would think you would have slept too much I wish there was an easier way to time the truck Cornelius has told me about the three degrees Timing change but i wouldnt know where i would be

I just called Outlaw diesel in Miami and they said it would be 200 bucks I was like WTF!!!

Well guys updated the sig going on compounds now looking at s480 for primary I saw an interesting primary mount on here that where side by side next to the manifold on I believe a 12v anyone know who he is?

I would like an easy kit where I wont have to move the heat exchanger and I can work with what I have now I am planning on removing the 2nd battery due to I live in FL so not needed

Back