Which 6.7?????

bradleyb

Dropped 2fitty!
Like almost any type of new production motor that comes out, what are the things to know about the 07' 6.7's......Im looking at buying one and just wanted to know if there was anything major or any bugs that it may have...If i do buy one, im not looking at doing anything major to it....probably exhaust and tune....thats it! Any info would help, thanks!

Like almost any type of new production motor that comes out, what are the things to know about the 07' 6.7's......Im looking at buying one and just wanted to know if there was anything major or any bugs that it may have...If i do buy one, im not looking at doing anything major to it....probably exhaust and tune....thats it! Any info would help, thanks!

Are you looking at a Ford 6.7, or Dodge 6.7?

Dodge....Sorry my avatar says ford....i currently drive an 06' 6.0 ford, but looking to sell it and get cummins!

Yep, I was stuck staring at the blue oval, and not paying attention at the question he was asking:nail:

The transmissions are a weakness, as well as the headgasket........depending on the weight of your right foot. My race truck still hasn't blown a head gasket though. Best advise I can offer is get the emissions junk off and enjoy a more powerful truck$.02

Yeah the first thing i plan on doing is taking the dpf off....This will be my daily, and the heaviest thing it will pull is my 24' enclosed car trailer....so hopefully with just a tuner and exhaust it won't lift the head, or kill the tranny?!

Be sure to do some kind of trans tune. The stock 68rfe in the dodge 6.7 doesn't do too well with anything over stock hp levels. Other then that they run great...

2008 Ram 2500 6.7 deleted, S&B CAI, 5" TBE, Smarty S67ME

Make sure there is a EGR delete or you will have this
gridb4after.jpg

go here to see what had to be done because of that 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab Metalic Black Rebuilt 6.7 Engine For Sale Call John 334 806 7503

and here are the before pics 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins For Sale $25950

Last edited:
Well guys i picked up an 07' Mega Cab Dually 2wd....Got a great deal on the trade in on my previous truck, and a good deal on this one! It has the 6.7 with the 6speed auto...Truck only had 23,600 miles on it, and is literally like new....Extremely happy with this truck...I am a die hard Ford guy, but have always loved cummins motors! Well i finally understand the difference between an inline diesel vs. a V8 diesel....As far as torque goes, there is absolutely no comparison! This motor has torque everywhere...wholey crap! Pulling my 24' enclosed race trailer, i literally almost cannot tell its back there...This truck feels as good, if not a little better than my 6.0 powerstroke on the tow setting! NOW i want/need y'alls opinions on what i should do to the cummins....Im looking for better MPG's, rather than more power...Im thinking of getting the deletes and a smarty, or smarty jr. What do y'all think!

If i go with the smarty i was planing on just running like a 60 or 70 hp setting, and leave it alone! Does the H&S have mild tunes like that with tranny tunes? In other words, do u think i still need good tranny tunes for low hp setting?

Last edited:
If i go with the smarty i was planing on just running like a 60 or 70 hp setting, and leave it alone! Does the H&S have mild tunes like that with tranny tunes? in other words, do u think i need good tranny tunes for low hp setting?

Yes, the H&S has just what you are looking for;)

Smarty will not tune the tranny, nor will they answer any questions regarding tranny tuning, ie, running HS Overdrive software with their engine tuning, or even running Suncoast software on the tranny with Smarty engine tuning.

But, one advantage you have, is the tranny software on your 07 is in the PCM, not the ECM like on my 2010. So you should be able to pick and choose your tuning;)

Chris

OH, and YES...tune the tranny regardless...stock, or mild, or High power

thanks man i really appreciate it....I've got a buddy with the exact same truck but his is 4x4, and he is running the H&S black max....He got a little more radical with his those...Turbo, injectors, etc etc.....Needless to say his stock tranny didn't last..lol Thats why i want to just keep it simple and not F*$k it up...lol

I
thanks man i really appreciate it....I've got a buddy with the exact same truck but his is 4x4, and he is running the H&S black max....He got a little more radical with his those...Turbo, injectors, etc etc.....Needless to say his stock tranny didn't last..lol Thats why i want to just keep it simple and not F*$k it up...lol

i have the h&s mini max, full deletes, and the tranny tunning. If thats all ur going to do to it its great. Leave it on mild (60 hp if i'm thinking right), stock tires, and mine got 21 on the hwy. 16 wih my 10klb 33 ft travel trailer. Thats hand calc, over head has always been off. Ur gonna chit urself when u take all that crap off. Runs and sounds twice as good. I installed all of it myself in about 8 hrs, if ur thinking about that aswell. Very easy and lots of pics in their manual.

badass man.... 20+ mpg is what im looking for! I don't ever trust the overhead mpg..i always do it by hand..I plan on doing all the install stuff myself as well...One of my good buddies has a heavy lift at his personal shop, so it should go pretty smooth i would think...I actually called today and talk to H&S about the mini max...Man i really like the tunner, but crap that little bastard ain't cheap! I also was told today by another buddy of mine thats a cummins die hard, that the smarty does have some kind of trans adjustment...?? Whatever i do though, im not gonna get crazy with it...After all, it is my daily driver...Thanks for the info bro, i'll keep everybody posted!

Last edited:
badass man.... 20+ mpg is what im looking for! I don't ever trust the overhead mpg..i always do it by hand..I plan on doing all the install stuff myself as well...One of my good buddies has a heavy lift at his personal shop, so it should go pretty smooth i would think...I actually called today and talk to H&S about the mini max...Man i really like the tunner, but crap that little bastard ain't cheap! I also was told today by another buddy of mine thats a cummins die hard, that the smarty does have some kind of trans adjustment...?? Whatever i do though, im not gonna get crazy with it...After all, it is my daily driver...Thanks for the info bro, i'll keep everybody posted!

Nope, none of this is cheap. It just gets more and more expensive. Check the classifieds on here and cummins forum. There is always a used tuner for sale. Delete kits are not bad, course u could make ur own for half. Make sure u have somebody to help u with the exhaust. I had hell connecting the down pipe, just hard to get to hold and pry at the same time. :Cheer:

Aren't tuners VIN locked when they are installed?

Don't know about any of them other than H&S prod's. But I called them about possibly selling mine (When EFI Live comes out I won't need it). The only thing that they said wldn't transfer is the tranny tunning. Just what they told me. But there are a ton of them being sold, so surely there's a way around that if its the case??

Check out H&S.

I know someone looking to sell his H&S XRT to upgrade to their H&S BlackMaxx system if that interests you?

The XRT is a basic programmer, kinda like a smarty, the BlackMaxx is a Gauge and Programmer package that can change tunes on the fly.

Black Maxx

:rockwoot:

Back