which flexplate?

paroxysym

im getting ready to purchase a goerend tranny with a goerend tc. i dont believe the tranny comes with an upgraded flexplate so im wondering which ones out there would go best with the tranny? im not looking to go billet, as i heard they dont flex that well. ive heard alot aboutthe BD black, whats the hype on that?

im not really planning on pushing huge numbers, probably in the 500 hp area. plan on pulling a bit and dragging it. so whats your thoughts on this? thanks for your help.

The BD Power one is a nice piece, Chris just put one in his 3rd Gen tranny and thier a must with any 3rd gen thats moded

you may want to check out the one from here my stock plate was .076 there plate that I put in was .176 not a bad price at $159. mine has been in for over a half year with no poblems but then I am not pushing the weight you guys are but around 650hp

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/dodge.htm

HPIM1579.JPG

Cummins Express,
The only thing I would suggest to anyone that buys the Cat plate(I believe that is the one that you showed) is that it runs true. They sent us one a while back and it wasn't running true. Maybe they got it figured out though.

Phil, was it ever determined if it was the DTT flex plate that caused the issue or the installer?

BgBlDodge said:
Phil, was it ever determined if it was the DTT flex plate that caused the issue or the installer?

Installer. Another guy had the same thing happen and his trans was built roughly the last time mine was last touched. However, I saw how the DTT flexplate warped and egg shaped holes. I understand it was under a lot of stress, but it wasn't the biggest baddest thing out there like it was made out to be when I had to wait 6 weeks to get the damn thing.

DTTStefan said:
Cummins Express,
The only thing I would suggest to anyone that buys the Cat plate(I believe that is the one that you showed) is that it runs true. They sent us one a while back and it wasn't running true. Maybe they got it figured out though.
they must of got it figured