Which front end kit?

B00ST00

I want to replace the front end components on my 06 mega cab (125k miles) and was looking for a complete kit or at least a reputable company I can order everything from. Linkage, pitman arm, stabilizer, ball joints, shocks. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People have really good luck with Synergy and Thuren. If it's lifted crossover seems to be the way to go

I'm fine with aftermarket or factory. Cannot do a lift because my garage is not tall enough. Would like to do everything in one shot. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 08+ mopar steering in my truck with a bilstein 5100 shock. It is alright. I have about 38000 miles on it. When it wears out I will probably go with the synergy steering or EMF. The only problem with EMF is it isn't built it in a day. They are currently out of stock and the wait time is unknown. So check out synergy and don't look back. There are a lot of reviews on another forum.

I’m at the point of exhaustion trying to get my 03 to steer well for first 70k it steered great since then 9 ball joint kits later. tie rod kits , steering boxes, steering stabilizers. the dealership can’t figure it out. 9 alignment shops can’t figure it out the truck hunts and pecks down the road never returns to center consistently

truck is a 2003 3500 SRW. stock other than a leveling kit. 275/70R18 toyo m55’s

my 08+ steering has less than 10k on it OEM. my steering box is the most recent 2012 rendition with 10 k on it OEM. trac bar is a carli with 5k on the rebuild. shocks are blisteins. springs stock, ball joints have been aam at one point at 70k miles shop used moog (three times), spicer once since then all aams have lasted 25k. current ball joints are carl they have 20k on them control arms are factory new with 10k on them

i drive on pavement and mild gravel roads.

truck can not hold center before 70 k no issues since its been a never ending nightmare of parts and labor. what its come down to is carl says they’ve seen knuckles distort from improper torquing of ball joints . causing inconsistent steering geometry (interesting theory) lower ball joints damaged from improper lube.... bent housing. not likely my tires wear great. just can’t drive over 35 mph lately for last two years.

So heres my .02 when you do your rebuild follow cali’s torque sequence carefully or have the shop do it. I’m believing their theory on the knuckle distortion. or use aam ball joints.

OR

Find an 05+ super duty dana 60 cut all the crap off weld not eh dodge stuff. redrill hubs. get ball joints that both support load instead of just the bottom ones. slightly better caster and then stay on top of rebuilding the carli adjustable trac bar every 20-40K

The other steering kits, steering dampeners etc are masking something else that is wrong.... including a crap design

i vote for carlie ALL THE WAY.

dont forget that you need more caster than the factory specs suggest. im talking around +5*

carlie also sells bilstein 6100 shocks that are valved for the trucks front end weight. their adjustable trac bar is a god send.

Take the leveling kit off.

Alpha Beta Test Monkey
Guang-Zoo Turbo Systems

Positive Caster helps the wheel return to center. A leveling kit causes the axle to rotate such that the bottom of the axle pulls backwards which reduces Caster. Get you some new longer lower control arms to get the Caster back where it should be (or add more to factory spec) and it should help out.

We just put a replacement front D60 in a 03 with 250k on the truck. New +08 steering and pitman arm, steering box support, still factory track bar. Has new ball joints and hub on one side, the other has 25k miles on it. 325/60R18 tires. Did an alignment in the shop with a tape measure and drives excellent. Doesn't even have a stabilizer shock on it. Hate to take it in for a true alignment as most places have idiots running the equipment and can't get it correct.

'08.5+ steering is nice but it will keep wearing out like stated about. Synergy is the best setup out their IMO.

Anything that moves will wear out eventually... What is different about the Synergy setup?