which is stronger?

duramaxsandwich

i've been running a 106 with drop in 1.75'' scs axles. i also have a junk yard find sqhd sitting in the barn. spending the money on a spool and axles on the sqhd is out of the budget this year and was thinking of using the stock sqhd components. so my question is which is stronger... the 1.75'' scs 19 spline F106 axles or the factory SQHD 2'' axles?

Neither should be a issue. the issue with the 106 is going to be the center section giving up where the inner pinion bearing is. I'm surprised its lived this long unless you hook on a lot of crap tracks. Mine broke as a small 3.0 years ago and I replaced it with the H172. I would run the sqhd in its stock form over a 106

Neither should be a issue. the issue with the 106 is going to be the center section giving up where the inner pinion bearing is. I'm surprised its lived this long unless you hook on a lot of crap tracks. Mine broke as a small 3.0 years ago and I replaced it with the H172. I would run the sqhd in its stock form over a 106

my 106 isnt in stock form, i've got the pinion bearing issue taken care of. and one of the other trucks i pull with has twisted the 106 19spline scs axles. so i was just curious if a stock 2'' sqhd axle was any stronger than the scs 106 axles since they are different material.

i want to go to the sqhd bc of the 1.75 pinion vs the 1.375 pinion of the 106 and the bigger ring gear. my only question was basically how much abuse can a stock sqhd 2'' axle take

Last edited:
Believe they come out of semis from the late 60's up untill the 80's.I think you will be hard pressed to ever break a stock 2 inch axle shafts. Dual 35 inch tires don't offer enough leverage over that shaft to break it. Although the sqhd is gonna have coarse spline axles which make it have a smaller base circle than a fine spline. Still i don't think you will break them. Been running a stock 20-145 here and have zero concerns about breaking it. If an 80000 pound semi producing twice our torque doesn't break it i don't think you will. just my .02

Last edited: