Which lift pump or fuel pump?

1stgencummins17

just a sled puller
Wats a good strong lift pump tht would be good for a p pumped first gen or I was also thinking an aeromotive pump or sumthing like tht. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

im assuming since his name is in blue he is prolly a vendor and i have heard excellent things about airdog systems

i have heard great things also dont get me wromg just wanted a couple opionions on wats working good for guys

on my first gen i am running a holly blue with a aftermarket fuel filter kit and it is suppling enough fuel as of right now. my buddy is running a carter and he likes it. i know GDP has a mechanical fuel pump but i have not heard anything about it tho. hope this helps you out a little bit man.

i thought of gettin a holly blue cause of the price an seems alot of ppl run them but i dont wanna get sumthing tht wont support wat im trying to do i pretty much just wanna spend money the rite way first then to have to go back an spend it again i think ive pretty much decided on an aeromotive a1000

I run an airdog 150 with a hellman sump and all 1/2 inch lines and its been great. Keeps up with demand just fine. I was running a fairly large VE for a while and it would only drop the pressure one psi at WOT. I think it would work fine with a p-pump as well. Runs a tad bit smoother and mileage went up about 1.5 mpg. If you are putting it in a first gen I recommend the hellman sump. There are no aftermarket high flow sending units for these and I had bad luck with the draw straw below 1/4 tank. (yes I had it at the very bottom) The sump also made the airdog significantly quieter. Kinda pricey compared to some other routes but I think its worth it in the end.

I recently put an Air Dog II 165gph on my 12 valve. Very happy with it. My dad runs an Auromotive on his truck with no problems either.

I've got a p-pumped 24V in my first gen. Best thing I ever did was put in a 94-98 style fuel pump. It will maintain 30psi up to around the 700hp level. It falls off a bit from there. I plumbed a 180gph/45psi FASS into the front of the pump to supply extra fuel when i dyno or drag race the truck(toggle switch). My experience has been that with intermitent use the FASS will last a year or 2. Probably 1 hour of total run time. If it is used continuously they last 4 months to a year. I know others will swear by them but this is number 4 for me. The piston pump always works, period. You must have a cam with the lobe for the fuel pump(not stock 24V) to use it. My new motor will use a gear driven pump on the front cover. The 6.7 block does not have provisions for the 94-98 style pump.