Which lines did you go with, stainless or mild steel?

.084 mild steel, when i bought mine .093 mild wasnt an option, only stainless

Guys that chose .093.

What's the reasoning? Pulling, big pump, or lope?

Thanks for the replys.

.093 stainless, hoping they wont crack....thats what came with my kit

I got a good deal on .093 stainless so I bought them. 18 mo. and no problems. I've heard of cracking problems with the stainless, but so far so good.

I got a good deal on .093 stainless so I bought them. 18 mo. and no problems. I've heard of cracking problems with the stainless, but so far so good.

I agree, the main thing is make supports

I agree, the main thing is make supports

We went through so many stainless lines that we even took it to schieds so they could put the next set on and make sure they were braced right. Brought it home and went to hoopston sweet corn fest and broke another one on first pull. We have switched to mild steel and have not broken one yet. Schied said they seem to notice that big ppump trucks with manual trans are the ones they see the most problems with. Might be something to do with the loading and quick unloading of pressure with the clutch causing spikes.

When you say make supports, do you mean like the factory? 3 lines together and other 3 lines together?

Got a pic?

Yes and make some that bolt to the head, also put some hose over any of the lines that touch.

I went with .093 mild steel lines also... Mine doesn't lope and IMO the mild
steel are less prone to crack simply because the stainless is harder and less flexible. Also, the mild steel are easier to tweak if a line doesn't line up just right... Almost everyone I know has complained about the fit of their conversion lines.