Which lines did you go with, stainless or mild steel?

I went with .093 mild steel lines also... Mine doesn't lope and IMO the mild
steel are less prone to crack simply because the stainless is harder and less flexible. Also, the mild steel are easier to tweak if a line doesn't line up just right... Almost everyone I know has complained about the fit of their conversion lines.

Why did you choose .093 over .084?

Im using .078 mild steel, cause they were $275. Just ordered a set of .093ms from Schied for my brothers truck. Anyone know they reason behind the stainless line other than corrosion, and a minute timing change from the mild steel swelling? Or am I making that second part up?

Last edited:
Im using .078 mild steel, cause they were $275. Just ordered a set of .093ms from Schied from my brothers truck. Anyone know they reason behind the stainless line other than corrosion, and a minute timing change from the mild steel swelling? Or am I making that second part up?

Used? If not where did you get them?

I'm running .078" mild lines now, gonna be switching to some .093" mild soon though. Back when I did the conversion, 600hp was my goal and I didn't think I'd want to go further.:bang

were the price of 093 line in mild steel expensive and wear did you get them

Did they say why to use the.078?

Maintain overall line pressure, and velocity of the fuel. Fletcher was the one who recommended them, and it makes sense. He ran stock lines on his truck into the 9's:rockwoot:

Maintain overall line pressure, and velocity of the fuel. Fletcher was the one who recommended them, and it makes sense. He ran stock lines on his truck into the 9's:rockwoot:

Sounds good, I plan on buying my cam from fletcher in the future.
Great guy to speak with.

Running .093 mild steel. didnt want cracks and as said earlier the conversion lines are a pia and the mild steel are easier to tweek.