which rods do I have?

MidTennPSD said:
I know several who have snapped good forged rods, in fact I know of an early 99 just over a week ago , that #1 exited stage right through the block and what was still on the crank almost cut the oil pan in half. BUT, I have another friend with a late '02, PMRs fo sure. With Stg II's, a Ball Bearing and a dual disc who beats on it all the time and probably had 20 hooks on it last summer still doing just fine for now. Think hes on thin ice? :hehe:

:rockwoot: still goin strong baby!!!! weeewwwwwww:woohoo:

EVERYBODY WANTING TO KNOW IF THEY HAVE FORGED OR PMR'S PULL THE PLUG AND CHECK.

You don't want to find out after the rod is hanging out of the block.

Grind down a 3/8ths extension to 5/16's if you're stupid like me. Take the inspection plate off and turn the motor over with a pry bar to get the rod up to that hole. The rod end comes RIGHT UP to the end... like an inch away... and with a flashlight it's clear as day.

Maintain said:
EVERYBODY WANTING TO KNOW IF THEY HAVE FORGED OR PMR'S PULL THE PLUG AND CHECK.

You don't want to find out after the rod is hanging out of the block.

Grind down a 3/8ths extension to 5/16's if you're stupid like me. Take the inspection plate off and turn the motor over with a pry bar to get the rod up to that hole. The rod end comes RIGHT UP to the end... like an inch away... and with a flashlight it's clear as day.

I agree thats the best way to do it instead of playing the guessing game and hoping that your gonna be lucky in the deal. Thats just my $.02 .

I love that my 99 has forged rods and its not even a question that there might be PMR's in there:woohoo: