which transmission

Raschein

i recently toasted my 48re and i am looking to get a new one.. which company provides the best product and service..

thanks dustin

I talked to Dave and he seems like an easy guy to work with. I also talked with Dusty and HTS and was also impressed. Find someone who will take some time to talk to you up front. At least then you know you have a chance that when things go wrong, they'll be willing to help you out. When you call a shop with a handful of money and want to discuss a build and they blow you off, that should be a clue as to the level of service you'll get down the road when you need their help ;)

Just to let you know, if you do call Suncoast, don't be offended if they don't answer or take a bit to get back to you..
Their owner/founder passed away yesterday so I imagine things are hectic over there.
Just figured I'd note that.
RIP Joe.

Depends on what you want to do with the tranny. My best advice is to call everyone and go with who you are most comfortable with

A transmission is something you don't look for the best price on. Look for a rebuilder that you can trust along with solid reputation for quality service. Going the cheapest route might just miss something that needs to be addressed to make your transmission live.

I just got off the phone with stefan at DTT. he said he could build me a great transmission, for what i am doing! I am going to get my old trans and send it to him.. thanks dustin

Raschein said:
I just got off the phone with stefan at DTT. he said he could build me a great transmission, for what i am doing! I am going to get my old trans and send it to him.. thanks dustin

Good luck! My buddys truck has been in the shop 8+ times.... It has gone through 4 DTT converters...

BTW, He is running a Full Billet DTT....

He had the tranny built and installed by one of DTT's "authorized dealers"... When the conversation got on the forums on a different website, Stefan said quote, "The transmission was not a DTT transmission. It was a transmission built by a DTT dealer." End quote.

I really don't understand what that means or what he was trying to imply... You decide....

Raschein said:
i recently toasted my 48re and i am looking to get a new one.. which company provides the best product and service..

thanks dustin

Where are you located, what do you do with your truck, how is your truck set-up and where do you want to go with it?

Granted, I'm probably going to suggest a SunCoast tranmission. LOL However, you need to answer a few questions first. We need something to base our opinion on.:kick:

your choice but I would of went with HTS not just because I have it in mine but because I've rode in trucks with the other companies trannies, and I have seen the damage overtime and I love the feel of my HTS, and havn't seen them destroyed by anyone yet. The worst I've seen which I have posted this before is a twisted billet shaft but the truck still went down the road.

I am doing an Goerend Trans. setup in mine as well.
He builds his own converters, and does his own VB work, and can also build a mean full-billet race tranny.

Dave is a cool guy...

Last edited:
Raschein said:
of course we would say that. but id go with HTS!!!

Ask 10 people that question, you'll get 6 different answers. If you want our input, you'll need to provide more information.

First, where are you located?

Second, what power is the truck running today?

Third, what power level did you want?

Four, how much and what weight do you tow?

Based on the questions above, I've recommended anything from DTT to ATS to Suncoast to Goerend to building it yourself. It depends on what you need.

brnadon.

joefarmer said:
Ask 10 people that question, you'll get 6 different answers. If you want our input, you'll need to provide more information.

First, where are you located?

Second, what power is the truck running today?

Third, what power level did you want?

Four, how much and what weight do you tow?

Based on the questions above, I've recommended anything from DTT to ATS to Suncoast to Goerend to building it yourself. It depends on what you need.

brnadon.

Yep, best answer so far. ...........................
:eek:wned:

I recently got me truck back from the trans shop.. they fixed the transmission. they said it was there fault on how they built it.. something about not setting the front clutch-pak the correct way.. so anyways they fixed it.. I am still going to get a new trans in the summer months..

I am located it Albany, Oregon.

Truck makes approx. 500hp at the wheels. With a TST, Wsb/Ksb turbocharger, Edge Ez, 40hp injectors..

It is a daily driver and i do sum towing back and forth to the coast with about 8000lbs of trailer weight..

I have talked to Suncoast, and DTT.. but before i officially buy a new transmission i will probably give HTS a call and see what they can do for me..

I am also looking to do some sled pulling and maybe just once in awhile maybe a little drag racing..

Thanks for all the replies.. dustin