Which tuner should I go with?

JacktheBear3 said:
Contact ROB (Robts) at Truck Solutions.... you can PM him on here as well.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/member.php?u=439

He's serious into them 6.0's and has dealt with most all of the Big Ford Tuners... he can give you hands on what he likes and doesn't like... I think he know what the limits on the Ford are as well. He's just north of Toledo and does a great job.

$.02

thanks Walley.....Ive tried every tuner out there except for Quadzilla. I sell plenty of SCT's and thats what I like

did you put gears in it? i hope so, if not, spend your money there first.

I actually just put a Xzillaraider 120 in my 05 (it was cheap and wanted something simple for mileage and quick adjust for towing) and running it on the 120 setting, power it nice, smooth and more than the BullyDogs I've felt and my mileage is right at 17, up from 14, no joke off the odometer. So far I like the power but this isn't a race truck, it's a simple daily so I'm not worried about over abusing the truck.

Last edited:
No I dont tow anything... Its too big... We own a car dealership so I just get something off the lot to tow with

To answer the question about the gears for a daily driver... hell yeah. With those 38's under you could probably go 150 mph before the stock spedo figures out what's up... The lower gears will save the life of your transmission and driveline components as well, even if you don't tune it. Think about it, it's like you're always in high gear. Throw some gears at it, and now you're on a level playing field with a stock truck with regular tires.

true gears are more costly and difficult to install that just plugging in a connecter and pressing go, but for what you have invested in tires, rims, and suspension mods, it's a fractional cost, and well spent.

Yeah im definatly going to put gears in it... Im running out of money.... Just sold my Duramax and dumped a bunch of money in this... These trucks are a waste of money but I guess my money has to go somewhere

PSDPlayer said:
Do you daily tow with this daily driver?

If your talking to me, maybe once or twice a month generally. On occasion, it may be two or three times in a week period, then not for awhile. I plan on turning the power down a lot when I'm towing as well. I should have a more updated mileage report by the end of the weekend.

Thank god I have the 100k bumper to bumper, I might need it. I plan on getting rid of the truck in about a year and trading up, anyways.

05harleyford said:
Yeah but how is that on a daily driver? Highway?

4.56s and 38s on my 7.3 on I-55

31283.JPG

Either 4.30s or 4.56s with those 38s on 24s will make it much easier on the trans and help you keep from lugging down the motor out of the powerband.

I went from 35's to 37's and upgraded my gears from 3.73's to 4.30's. I think it may very well be the best money I've spent on the truck. It puts the rpms real close to stock and the truck is happy again.

I'd recommend the 4.30's over the 4.56's if you're not doing a lot of towing.

--Snake

I second the 4.30s over 4.56s. I dont care what the calculator on Randy's Ring and Pinion says.

DCSpecial said:
You two talking crap about my truck??

LOL :hehe: LOL :hehe:

What, you have a guilty conscience? Why would you think they were talking about you? :hehe: LOL :clap: :poke:

And I've been told that analog odometers are "so 80's." :hehe:

--Snake

Last edited:
Because Scott quoted me....and Doug is normally a moron too.

Jabs from the peanut gallery (who have what exactly that can compare to my relic??) are just part of the game :D

Something tells me I just got moved to the back of the DC bumper customer list. :D

--Snake

Back