Who all has a TDI with an auto trans?

full pulls girl

The New Girl
Just wondering who is running an auto trans in their TDI and if you've had any problems with it.

Ive read something about them having aluminum internals.

So they more or less are to weak for a stock engine.

i havent had any problems yet,05 model but i just started modding it. new turbo injectors and a custom tune. but i know it's prolly coming.

I was going to ask you cause I knew you had the bug, but I was sure you would have a standard trans. How many miles you got on it?

I want to get her a truck but Im having trouble finding an 03 4door shortbed 2wd with a cummins. I really like the jetta because of the mileage but would like to get a stick, she disagrees on that and wants an auto. I just dont want to sink a chit load of money in to another auto tranny.

yep i know what your saying but my wife likes the auto, its a DSG triptronic,in S mode it stalls the converter to 4500, runs pretty good,i havent got it back from the shop with the new turbo yet but it should be pushing 170-180hp, that should be fast enough, LOL she dont like me and my redneck buddies working on it.

As long as you get the 5 speed auto or dsg you're fine. It's the 4 speed auto that uses the aluminum internals and likes to destroy itself.

I'll put it this way, I bought an 02 with an auto that had issues, after reading up a bit, it's now a 5spd.

My dad has an auto...one day he thought he was going to attempt a tranny fluid change himself. Simple? Wrong! All I will say is, do not attempt it unless you are VERY VW savvy and well booked on the subject! Other than that he loves his TDI/auto and the dealer now does the tranny service for him.

The VW auto transmissions are very picky on fluid level and the fluid level is determined by a precise temperature. Special tools are not required but are definitely recommended to properly do the service.

I love my STOCK 02 TDI Golf 5sp manual....I don't need another modding headache!!!!!

You would love it even more with a small set of sticks and a tune :D :D

Yeah, I Know!!! But what about the stock Clutch!! you know how this stuff is!!! One thing her and one thing there and then it requires this and this and this just to handle it..!!

I'm simply tired of that !! :bang

i do know what you mean, everytime i get something i need something else to make it work.lol

Yeah...I know.

I'm thinking of selling my DD just so I can finish the race rig and have some money in my pocket again:hehe: :hehe:

Chris

:bang

Yeah, I'm having to sell my motorcycle just to pay for the mods I've already bought for the Interceptor!!

Never Ends!!!

i need to sell something, i want alot more mod's. and just bought another cummins yesterday, for the boy, he wants to catch the parts coming off when i go bigger and bigger etc...does it ever end can you get enough power.LOL

i need to sell something, i want alot more mod's. and just bought another cummins yesterday, for the boy, he wants to catch the parts coming off when i go bigger and bigger etc...does it ever end can you get enough power.LOL

NOPE!!!!

:Cheer:

Kermatdi runs an 02 auto Jetta TDI that they have no issues with. They said it dynoed just under 200hp. I guess there is a couple of tricks you can do to increase line pressure.
My buddy is going to call them tomorrow and pick their brains.

Back