Who builds 68RE parts

joelc79

Going to be upgrading the 68RE soon and was interest to see who is building them besides SC. There has to be other options out there for a reliable built 68re.

Going to be upgrading the 68RE soon and was interest to see who is building them besides SC. There has to be other options out there for a reliable built 68re.

68rfe and reliable are not usually used in the same sentence.... unless the engine is stock.LOL

thanks for all the useful info sc14... if it wasn't unusual i wouldn't be askin the Q

Goerend is building them. But last time I talked to him, he said they were using suncoast kits.

I heard suncoast is building something right now. Its said to hold 750 to 900. But it might be all hearsay

I just wish i had some options... I heard my local shop Redline Diesel Power is building them too with SC parts as well. I am more than likely going to have them build it but it would still be nice to hear some positive from another company.
Thanks for the words guys

I just wish i had some options... I heard my local shop Redline Diesel Power is building them too with SC parts as well. I am more than likely going to have them build it but it would still be nice to hear some positive from another company.
Thanks for the words guys

At this time there is only one option if you want a 68 to hold 700+ on a daily basis.Ive been testing this tranny for 2 years and can tell you that no one else has figured out the issues of this tranny.

Thank you RJP!

I really need to steal someone else's avatar this is going to get confusing

Anyone elses tranny not shift into 6th when its cold as F? Truck was setting at the airport for three days in 10 degree weather. I let it warm up for about ten minutes before i took to the highway and it wouldn't go into 6th for a while. Maybe 5miles or so, then it just up shifted and it was fine.

Anyone elses tranny not shift into 6th when its cold as F? Truck was setting at the airport for three days in 10 degree weather. I let it warm up for about ten minutes before i took to the highway and it wouldn't go into 6th for a while. Maybe 5miles or so, then it just up shifted and it was fine.

yea mine stays in 5th not locked up untill it warms up a little and over 50 mph. i didnt notice it last year but i was also all stock last year to

This is normal.The tranny will not shift into 6th are lock up until it reaches 120deg.(I THINK THAT WAS THE MAGIC #) That temp may vary a little but the warm up mode is in the programing and is perfectly normal.

I know lots of people that didn't have good luck at all with dtt's in 3rd gens. All built by different builders. I was told by one ex dtt builder that bill and Stefan just kept the 47 mentality on the 48's and it didn't work. Like they refused to adapt or something. Idk. Just from what I've been around I'd stay away from a dtt 68rfe.

Last edited:
I know lots of people that didn't have good luck at all with dtt's in 3rd gens. All built by different builders. I was told by one ex dtt builder that bill and Stefan just kept the 47 mentality on the 48's and it didn't work. Like they refused to adapt or something. Idk. Just from what I've been around I'd stay away from a dtt 68rfe.

Hmm, I know my builder doesn't have any problem building a 48RE...but I'm not planning on doing any work to the 68RFE in my 2010 yet...

Chris

What exactly is it that makes the 68rfe harder to reliably build? Parts? Programming?

What exactly is it that makes the 68rfe harder to reliably build? Parts? Programming?

This tranny has a lot of factory flaws,basically every flaw that was found had to be replaced by a newly c&ced piece.Once that part was fixed then came the nightmare of tunning.For every part change there is a direct affect on something else that starts the tunning process all over again.Kind of exaggerated but you get the point.I would like to add that i do not work for suncoast,I'm simply a friend that got the opportunity to tear some $hit up on their dime for the past two years and report my findings.I am currently running the comp 68 and so far its held more than the motor could take.