Who has not broke a billet input shaft that is making BIG POWER?

Who has not broke a billet input shaft that is making BIG POWER?

Ok Guys,

Where can I find I E ?:doh:

By the way, I never have broken Dave Goerends shafts or flex plate.$.02

WAYNES WORLD

Breaking parts....... HP, weight and the TC ....what ya got?

My 2wd has done a best of 12.21, with a stock output. I was told no one makes a 2wd billet output shaft.. Though I haven't researched it myself.

Morse said:
My 2wd has done a best of 12.21, with a stock output. I was told no one makes a 2wd billet output shaft.. Though I haven't researched it myself.
You could probably have one made, but nobody manufacturers one as of now. I don't think the 2wd's are prone to breakage like the 4wd's.$.02

I've always got some tire spin.. I'm sure this saves the shafts compared to the dead hook of the 4x4.

If I had to choose one of the three..... the output shaft is one I'd want to snap.

Burner said:
If I had to choose one of the three..... the output shaft is one I'd want to snap.
Of course, no damage to the rest of the tranny. It is also relatively easy to R&R than the other two.:doh:

I was in 2wd just stood on it spun the tires and at the top of 3rd when it was just starting to hook, bam there it went! My buds truck broke in first gear wihle the tire where spining

CL2000 said:
I was in 2wd just stood on it spun the tires and at the top of 3rd when it was just starting to hook, bam there it went! My buds truck broke in first gear wihle the tire where spining

What kind of boost do you launch at on the drag strip? That had to have been prior damage, that ended up breaking during a burnout.$.02

-Tom

who has not broke a billet input shaft that is making BIG POWER?

Morse said:

Morse,
I have in my 96 2wd billet thruout.:clap:
Dave Goerend supplied it. $.02

I'm not sure about 3rd. gen. but you could call him.
1-563-778-2363--gbtransmissions.com--goerend_bros@iowatelecom.net--

WAYNES WORLD

My output snapped before my input in my dually when it was only running 13.0's.. Those were factory shafts.. It was just over 8,000 pounds..

if you billet the output.... I don't believe the inner mediate will hold, no matter who's making it. I mean, we are talking about 8,000+ lbs right?

The title of this thread is inclusive of INPUT SHAFTS and that is it, if you guys want to hijack, start a thread about intermediates or outputs or jack shafts or propellor shafts or axle shafts, whatever the F you want to talk about, but it is pretty simple to read the title of this thread and understand that the title states INPUT SHAFT.

-Tom

Tcolesanti said:
What kind of boost do you launch at on the drag strip? That had to have been prior damage, that ended up breaking during a burnout.$.02

-Tom

20psi I know they are bound to break when people like us dont know when enough is enough......I just want to know who hasnt broke a billet input and what brand?

Hey Tom.. If you want to try to put a thread back on subject, that's great. It did go off a little, and I was part of it.. My bad. Next time, try not to throw in smart remarks when you do it. We're not all kids here, so don't speak to us as if we were. I believe that's pretty simple to understand.. Feel free to PM me if you don't agree with my comment.
-Brad

Last edited: