Who has sticking injectors/cold start issue?

Darn as always, a day late and a dollar short. :bang:bang

Mine has been starting rough for a while, now that the morning temps are below 40.

:Cheer:

If I asked you to PM me your address, you have some on the way to your house with instructions. You DO NOT have to change your oil to use it.

Tim used the Eeny, meeny, miny, moe for his selection process.

Learn more about it here... Wikimedia Error

No tigers were harmed during his scientific and methodical quest.

Last edited:
Tim used the Eeny, meeny, miny, moe for his selection process.

Learn more about it here... Wikimedia Error

No tigers were harmed during his scientific and methodical quest.

FIGURES........FROM LINK ABOVE
[edit] Lawsuit in the United States

Jocular use of a form of the rhyme by a Southwest Airlines flight attendant, encouraging passengers to sit down so the plane could take off, led to a 2003 lawsuit charging the airline with racism. A United States District Court in Kansas City found Southwest not liable in January 2004, a decision that was upheld on appeal.
Two different versions of the rhyme were attested in court:
Eeny meeny miny mo Please sit down it's time to go andEeny meeny miny mo Pick a seat, it's time to go The passengers in question were Black people and stated that they were humiliated.[8]

Chris G. at Lubrication Specialties (Hot Shot Secrets) says there must be another company by the same name. Rev-X is not one of his products. Just an FYI.:poke:

Put mine in yesterday before work. Put about 150 miles on it. I wanted to see how it did in the big snow storm we had here today. Went out, 8"+ of snow on the ground and it fired right up and was up to operating temps in about 5 mintues.

Stuff worked great. Thanks for the chance to test this stuff out Tim.

I did an oil change (Valvoline 15-40 dino) and poured in the Rev-X right before Christmas. We went on a trip to the SoCal mountains for the holiday and stayed in a cabin at about 8000' elevation, with morning lows in the teens..

fae83f17.jpg

I didn't plug in the truck the entire time.. The truck had no problems starting in the morning.. I'd get a little white smoke right in the beginning from having such cold cylinder temps, but no romps or misses.. I expected much worse.. I've gone through cold starts where I thought the truck was going to shake itself to pieces.. There was definitely an improvement..

On the way home we took a side trip through Death Valley... Here we went through an area which was over 250' below sea level..Truck ran great the entire time..

d81b0391.jpg

I didn't notice a mileage improvement, but I also had a load of passengers and was towing about 1000#'s of junk.. Average speeds were also above anything I would normally drive for mileage assessments.. I managed a little over 18 for the trip.. I'll have to do some local runs to see if there are any real gains..

Seams like the product does what it claims... I will use it again, especially before long trips..

Thank you for letting me try it, Tim..

any updates on the testing of this product

Works great. Still running it in my truck, no luggin or rough idling in the morning upon first start up like before. Only a small puff of smoke when you first turn it on then it goes away.

Best thing about it IMO is the fact that I saw the time it took for the truck to get to full operating temp was cut in half. And it drives 10x better when it's cold as well.

Great Product from my experience with it. I will definately be a customer of theirs.

any updates on the testing of this product

X10 I thought this was supposed to be some sort of testing with reviews not just a way for people to get free products. With the exception of one good review there were a couple quick yup it works and then nothing really since. I was expecting some reports after people put some miles on with some good reports like william_04_X'S report.:what:

Everyone I know that has tried it says it has worked great. Still need to try it myself since my truck is horrible when it comes to cold starts.

How much Rev X are you adding to your crank case?

It looks like it comes in 4oz bottles. So will one bottle do the trick, or does it take more?

X10 I thought this was supposed to be some sort of testing with reviews not just a way for people to get free products. With the exception of one good review there were a couple quick yup it works and then nothing really since. I was expecting some reports after people put some miles on with some good reports like william_04_X'S report.:what:

Do you really need me to draw you a pie chart of my truck starting better in the morning?

I don't know how much more cut and dry it can be other than: "Used it this morning. Started truck up the next day after being outside in -10 temps. Started like a champ, way better than before I used Rev-X! Stuff works great"

It was a test for sticking injectors. 10 out of 10 found it fixed the problem. I would say that test was fairly conclusive.

Call Andy Wilson of Lubrication Specialties. 763-300-5036.

Tell him you want the PowerstrokeNation.com special.

The special includes two bottles of the RevX oil additive plus a free bottle of their fuel additive for $65 + $10 s&h

Back