Who has used Racepak

I wouldn't fret too much over an elaborate display. You really only have time to focus on maybe one item. For me I would watch boost spooling up, and then watch the tach. Then review the log afterward.

That looks pretty good. Did you add up the cost on a package like that?

I had thier top of the line dash in Bone Shaker, a bit pricey but wow what it saved me the next 2 seasons was what was so nice. I found another full half second of safe power. Super easy to use with a nice laptop

Ryan

I had thier top of the line dash in Bone Shaker, a bit pricey but wow what it saved me the next 2 seasons was what was so nice. I found another full half second of safe power. Super easy to use with a nice laptop

Ryan

That what I am thinking. The dash replaces my second gen one that doesn't work well and the logging lets me know what's going on

I run one with the iq dash it is nice and easy, has really help us on are puller. You can buy a logger module and not have the dash

The CTS has a VERY low sampling frequency compared to even the low budget data logging systems racepack offers. It (the CTS) also lags more than one would wish.

That said, the CTS is a valid system if you only want minimal external inputs aside from your OBDII readings.

Check out MOTEC

They all use 0-5v transducers, so don't waste your money on name brand sensors unless you have money to spend on the "insurance" of top dollar parts.

Also, none of these systems offer anything you can't do with Arduino micro controllers, though they all do it with MUCH less effort.

I run one with the iq dash it is nice and easy, has really help us on are puller. You can buy a logger module and not have the dash

Have any pictures of the setup. How much do you have in the setup? What type of sensors

The CTS has a VERY low sampling frequency compared to even the low budget data logging systems racepack offers. It (the CTS) also lags more than one would wish.

That said, the CTS is a valid system if you only want minimal external inputs aside from your OBDII readings.

Check out MOTEC

They all use 0-5v transducers, so don't waste your money on name brand sensors unless you have money to spend on the "insurance" of top dollar parts.

Also, none of these systems offer anything you can't do with Arduino micro controllers, though they all do it with MUCH less effort.

So you can use motec sensors on the Racepak?
I also thought about using an arduino, but that still leaves me with sensors and how to scale them. I have never dealt with that side of things

You can use any three wire 0-5v transducer on the CTS, Racepack, or Motec. I get mine off Ebay or out of the junkyard. I've not researched what thermocouples and thermistors are compatible with all three systems, but its not rocket surgery, you can definitely figure it out if its worth your time. Some guys want to pay a premium for a premium sensor, but I like to cut corners when I can justify it, so I buy imported "junk" where I can afford the increased risk.

We have a UDX dash in our super gas truck.

The Pro Mod car is gettin an IQ3 dash with a V300SD.

To put it simply, to have the best comes with a price.

Back