Who is an authorized Goerend TRE or Garmon builder in SE PA?

Nice back peddle there Reiff.

The truck I'm familiar with has a $2 lock up switch that can lock the converter whenever desired. You said the truck is stock. That makes 2 different trucks or someone is hiding the truth. Your dad told me himself that he lugs the motor with the converter locked, stock trucks do not do that and if they do there is something else wrong that needs fixed. I have no back pedaling to do.

sh*t just got real again!

I only like to discuss facts. I see broken transmissions in my shop. A broken input shaft hub is caused by what? There was three major cracks starting at the shaft, going outward. It was a stock input shaft as the man requested when he ordered the transmission. He didn't want to spend the extra money on billet shafts and a triple.disc converter. The trans was built as the customer specified, he knew better than I did what was best for the power his truck produced and that is exactly what he got! ;)

I truly hope that he is wiser by now and orders a full billet trans with a triple disc converter! That is what he needed from the start!

Last edited:
The truck I'm familiar with has a $2 lock up switch that can lock the converter whenever desired. You said the truck is stock. That makes 2 different trucks or someone is hiding the truth. Your dad told me himself that he lugs the motor with the converter locked, stock trucks do not do that and if they do there is something else wrong that needs fixed. I have no back pedaling to do. I have sold many Pro Diesel Transmissions and will run and sell nothing but their automatic transmissions. I can count the workmanship related failures on one hand, otherwise the failures were related to abuse, misuse and general neglect. Good luck with the next trans, hopefully your dad has wizened up and has decided the lock up switch is nothing but trouble.

Engine is bone stock Einstein. But since we're splitting hairs, it has a 4" turbo back exhaust with an actual muffler, BHAF, and a 60hp Superchip. Yes it has a lockup switch. No it won't lockup in first. Also I KNOW he asked if he has to remove the switch to get warranty and you told him it will be fine.

I only like to discuss facts. I see broken transmissions in my shop. A broken input shaft hub is caused by what? There was three major cracks starting at the shaft, going outward. It was a stock input shaft as the man requested when he ordered the transmission. He didn't want to spend the extra money on billet shafts and a triple.disc converter. The trans was built as the customer specified, he knew better than I did what was best for the power his truck produced and that is exactly what he got! ;)

I truly hope that he is wiser by now and orders a full billet trans with a triple disc converter! That is what he needed from the start!

Its a 215hp truck with intake exhaust and 60hp chip. Where in your little world does that quantify ripping off a customer by selling him expensive parts?

Last edited:
It will be fine if he doesn't lug it! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out!

And yet there's guys with close to triple the hp doing boosted launches on the stock input shafts with no problems? Tell me that's easier on the input than lugging a motor that makes 215 hp at 2700 rpm. So its only making what 120-150 hp at 1200 rpm??? And that's gonna break input shafts?!?!? Your girlfriend called me. She wants you to go to bed and leave the real work to those that can tell the truth all the time.

lannings diesel
120 Cope Road Shickshinny, PA 18655
(570) 864-2405

it is where I , and about 8 friends got their Goerend goodness, talk to Clint, tell him Mike from NJ sent ya........

Thanks Mike.
Loren I would be happy to build him a trans if he wants to drive a bit north. Call and we can talk about what he needs to keep it together.

My father has been building transmissions for 35 years we might be able to help you if you're interested. South Jersey

Transmission Wholesalers
415 Chestnut St. Elmer NJ 08318
856-358-0202

Give him a ring if you're interested