Who is the favorite tuners for a 7.3

I would have Bill at power hungry performance tune a 6 pos switch. He realy knows what hes doin with those engines. He tuned my 7.3 for me a couple years ago, i had bigger injectors, big oil and a turbo and all that on a PMR 2002 motor and he tuned it good and i never had any problems out of it whatsoever and it ran like a raped ape.... He just kept the total timing down to keep the rods happy...

Beans. Made more power on way less timing, and less fuel than my DP. Injectors sound more like stock. Driveability is way better, and the shifts are second to none. Jody could never get my shifts on spot. Sent it back numerous times to get it tweaked. Never got it straight. On my old setup. Just switching from my DP to my Beans. Went from consistant 14.2 to 13.9. Nothing changed but the chip. The only thing i lost was about 30 miles to the tank. I got alittle better mileage with Jodys tunes.

Tony wild man. His tunes are great. Just order from one of his dealers cuz he's hard to reach sometimes.

I'm Running Matt's Tunes from Gearhead Performance and it's my favorite tunes of the 3 i've tried so far. Beans is also doing great stuff as well

I have Gearhead tunes on my OBS with split shot injectors and i love Matts tunes! Very clean and controllable. But i have no clue on economy yet, still in the play phase. LOL

Done a lot of business with swamps. Very good guys to deal with and great tuning

asking 'who is your favorite tuner',is like asking which college football team is the best.

the top and favorite tuners are(in no particular order)
jonathan@beans
jonathan@swamps
matt@gearhead
wildman
php
dp tuner
cale@tyrant(used to be at bts)
there are others.truck source diesel,david@di,among others.
some tunes will work better than others for your particular application.you will just have to decide who's you want.you may be happy,you may not with that tuner

there is a ton of info on chips on psn

Trying to help my dad choose the best tuner for his 00 7.3 dually 4wd wih 4:10 gears. Wants some better economy and a better tuner than his Superchip. What is the more favorite for his set up? Thanks

They are all good. Id pick someone who is close to you. That way you can get live tuned. Where are you located?

I had Tony wildman,then Swamps then went to Beans. Out of the three I like Beans the best, but thats just me. On their hot tune my truck is just sick.:st:

I had canned ts tunes and switch to dp tuner and that was the best thing I did. I went with Dp because 1 of my buddies has their tunes and he is real happy. I am also not that far form them either. Jody and Diane are great to work with!

Unless you dad is truck pulling or a gear head...I would recommend a edge EVO or the juice with att....I have used/drove trucks with about every truner but the edge is very user friendly and makes get power/mpg gains with not having to worrie about hurting the truck...but thats just my two cents

Unless you dad is truck pulling or a gear head...I would recommend a edge EVO or the juice with att....I have used/drove trucks with about every truner but the edge is very user friendly and makes get power/mpg gains with not having to worrie about hurting the truck...but thats just my two cents

You're a fuk tard....how is no trans tuneing good for a truck with added power? Go away....

Beans Is what I am running now great shifts and very drivable tunes...
I think they can also e-mail tunes if u have a burner :ford:

i've ran edge, dp tuner and beans and beans takes the cake. i would consider swamps, gearhead or cales tunes though

For an OBS I would recommend PHP but I have only had TS, Gearhead, DP, Superchips and PHP.

Bill's shifting is excellent and makes it a joy to drive and the power is there.

Back