who makes the best billet rods?.

crtdodgeram

I need the best rods for my commonrail. Had a R&R billet rod exit left from the block.

The guy tuning my truck said it let go at about 850hp estimate. He had only two of the five tuned in the csp5 with efi-live. The rod cab let go... the bolts in them are arp 625's. It's the last thing I thought would happen?.

We had an R&R brake as well, a little different than yours. Have since gone to cunningham's way beefier piece and no issues.

Most rod failures with billet rods are not the rods fault. Not saying the rod isn't to blame. It's just extremely uncommon. What were the clearances set to? Any oiling issues? What were the bolts torqued to? What bearings were you running? Any pictures of the failure?

If I windowed a block at 850 hp even on stock rods I'd be figuring out why it happened before I spent another $3500+ on rods. Plus everything else it ruined. I've heard of some metalergy issues before and if that's the case I'd be talking with R&R about replacing some stuff.

This is interesting. I've never heard of an R&R rod failure.

We posted our up on Compd. Probably about 3 seasons ago now, we were well over 850hp though.

My take is that they work well in a sled pull engine, that gets aluminum pistons and lots of rpm for high rpm horsepower wtih big single chargers. Not so well with heavy monotherms and twins / triples that make big low rpm torque.

I'll get some pics of the carnage hopefully this weekend. Hey Brett how long did it take for Torrey and you
Get Cunningham rods?.

Can't go wrong with Carrillo rods in my opinion. Usually somebody in Edmonton has a set on the shelf.

c8fa20e28843199fa4e595232eae0874.jpg

Mmm billet aluminum

We've used both R&R and TTS(made by R&R) billets. Quality pieces with 0 issues to date.

No update was busy on the weekend but when we get it all taken apart I will get some pics.