Who says you can't tow with a 6x.018 injector? lol

How did the Mach 5s compare as far as smoke and how were the EGTs?

How did the Mach 5s compare as far as smoke and how were the EGTs?

The Mach 5's were clean injectors. These 6x.018s are much bigger. I gotta be careful not to smoke with these injectors.

Wow, that's pretty clean for that big of an injector. Kinda makes me wish I would have bought a set of 250's from you yesterday instead of 200's.

Looks good Jamie and a great song on the radio. What tune are you running on your quad while you're towing.

I imagine having the smaller turbo helps quite a bit with the low end smoke.

Looks good Jamie and a great song on the radio. What tune are you running on your quad while you're towing.

Actually, that was Smarty on 3 timing 4. The Quad was off because it just seemed to fuel too hard when Smarty was loaded. I also tried running Smarty 1/2 power, didn't get a video though. It seemed to smoke a little less, but had a hard start condition. I just listened to the video again. I never realized that the radio was on. lol

I imagine having the smaller turbo helps quite a bit with the low end smoke.

Definately helps having the small charger. Thats why I get so much flack from my fellow pullers. My truck runs so clean that they think I'm spraying it.LOL

what happens when you hit a long steep grade or any kind of hill?

That second video was a hill. It is about 1 1/2 miles long at a 4% grade. Hard to tell in the video. As long as I use a light pedal, they are very controllable. I have been weighing my options to find a new setup for sled season next year. I'm trying to get the biggest setup I can and still tow my equipment for my excavating business. I was hoping these injectors would do well since they really run strong. I have alot more testing to do.

I would think you'd really cook up some exhaust temps running those nozzles with the little turbo. What do you see under load?

It will get hot if I drive like a idiot. lol I was doing 55mph on the second video pulling 4% grade and saw 1078*. If I gave it too much fuel, it could easily go 1500* I'd bet. These injectors roll the coal under load if I use too much pedal.

You could easily setup to a 66/73/.91 t4. I towed a terex mini excavator with a 6spd and 4.10s but on a 32ft gooseneck. I was using 7x12s, hrvp, jim jessup ecm tune(basically smarty that you cant turn down) with the turbo above. I didnt have a cam or head work but im sure that would help a great deal.

Back