Who to use?

As a tuner, would you rather mail a tune and have to keep tweaking over however long that would take or just have the truck at your fingertips to fine tune?

No brainer...but there are lots of truck to tune and not many dynos around that are readily avail...so as a tuner I do what I must to do the best with what I have...

I am one of those guys who NEVER stops tuning....over time I have learned MANY things from my first tunes...and I usually send my customers NEW tunes (free of charge) that have been modified with my new information...

There is a few dynos here that I can rent. I've already looked into that part of it. But I'm willing to log and send mail as much as I have to. Do most of you tuners keep doing for the one time payment, or do you want more cash each time you get mail from a guy like me?

Generally I charge once...unless the build of the truck takes a drastic change.

Single turbo that adds injectors...one price to tune that it...

If goes to twin turbos and pumps with bigger stix...another tune charge.

I have as a pre-requisite for my tunes that the end user be willing to datalog or else know that it's not as good as it can be.

Most if not all of them so far, are more than willing to do what it takes to get me the info I need to make it right!!

Same here with Zach. I guess I'm concerned with the notion that a dyno is needed. If we are talking about a dyno tune, or a highly modified truck. Then yes I would agree. But how many of your customers actually want a dyno tune only vs a clean DD/towing rig with the ability to roast em every once in a while. All of my customers want the later. I haven't had the pleasure of getting a huge truck yet, but I know zach has. So I would venture to say we are talking about less than 10% of the trucks out there.

SchoolBus your drag truck is different than most. Think about what is needed to get high mpg's, road manners, towing, etc.. When you can take the truck out and say hook up your 15k lb load and data log it. Its sooo much better than throwing that truck on the dyno. In my experience data logging gives a better tune for most guys out there than the dyno does. A proper tune involves more than just a big hp number. Even for your drag truck. I would bet you that we could get more out of your truck at the track than can be had at the dyno. Take a pcs controller for example. Same idea. You don't use that on the dyno. Up till now, all we've had is the dyno. With efi and data logging. We have so much more to be able to actually tune for the use. Not just a big number. .. Just my thoughts..

Rob at ATPtrucks.com has been doing mail tunes for years, tuning some of the best Duramax's out there...and his 5.9 tunes have been doing great too! I'd highly recommend him, while not local to you, I'd still deeply look into it as tuning on a dyno is only going to net you a bit extra hp, but not everyday drivability....that part comes from a LOT more experience/trail & error.

50% of my tunes are email tunes... I offer them help and more tunes.. I dont just send one out and say thanks... After you have done enough trucks you can get a good tune based on mods... its not a dyno session by any means but if your getting email tunes then Id say your not that hardcore into it as far as tuning yourelf...

Like I said I haven't bought the product yet. So yes I'm not hardcore into it. I would like a tune to begin with until I figure out the program. But thanks for the reply.

Back