Whos Stacks?

TwiztedMetal

cummins crusaider
hey guys,

i was looking at a 95 OBS to buy and was curious as to who's stacks you have used. what you thought of their quality, fit, finish, if a downpipe and cat delete (if it has a cat) was available would help greatly!:charger:

Dom

Ive got Grand Rocks. Ordered them from Dominator Diesel. At the time, they asked if I wanted turbo back or just the bedkit and stacks. Didnt have the extra coin for the turboback, but shoulda waited and got it...

Ive been happy with them. The flared ends that the stacks slid into I had to beat out to facilitate the stacks sliding in, but other than that I didnt have to do anything. Im even still running the clamps from the stacks to the bed that, well, really arent all that great. Someday Ill upgrade, but for now, I have no reason to, and no issues

I run Grand Rock stacks on my truck and I love them. Just my 2 cents. I have installed over a dozen sets and all have fit great. Jeremy.

hey pete, long time no see.

Thanks guys, much apriciated! grand rocks seems to dominate the market in pickup stacks. did y'all just use a 4 inch hole saw to make the hole? or a plasma cutter? or what?

Dom

I'm running a Grand Rock kit. I just have the bed kit but I'd already installed a down pipe and had gotten rid of the cat and muffler.

Yea, 4" hole saw. Had to do a little chiseling on the bed brace to get the chunk out of it. Should be fun when I enlarge it to 5"

Grand rock kits use 5 inch in bed piping. I use my plasma cutter to make an oval hole that allows the T-pipe to be installed as low in the bed as possible. The oval allows the T to drop down through the bed floor a bit. Jeremy.

Thats a good idea jeremy. what do you guys use to stop vibration and resonance? do you just make sure theres extra space? or is there an insolator that can withstand egts?

Dom

I don't use anything for that, hasn't been an issue. I just install as supplied from Grand Rock. I added a diamond plate aluminum shield in the bed to keep debris off the hot piping. Nothing like trying to clean off a melted ice bag from aluminized pipe! :) Jeremy.