Why NOT to buy 7 hole injectors!

DevilDogDiesel

injector.jpg

I got them used and have only been running them for a little over 6 months. I was just driving down the road nice and easy and it started popping then knocking I pulled over and shut it down immediately. The tip is only an 1/8th of an inch from breaking all the way off. So when you go to buy injectors and you want to be a cheep and save yourself a few hundred bucks just think about how much its going to cost you to fix the mess that this would have caused if it broke all the way off. Its not if it will crack, just when! I was warned about this after I already had them installed and have been worried about it since then. Looks like I had a good reason to be worried. These were JL 7 hole injectors.

i have ddp 200hp which are 7 hole injectors. is this going to happen to them?

I have never heard anything about ddp's doing this just JL. But I will never be buying another 7 hole. I'm going back to Scheid lightning injectors.

anybody heard anything about CDS injectors for the 24v. got some ddp 200's right now and i want bigger. how would some 6x18's do?

Scheids 10 hole tips are made by Bosch and some who use them love them. It seem to more holes there are, the less they smoke. Not saying this was the cause but, I wouldn't doubt quality of workmanship when building any tip plays a big part in their longevity.

I agree 100%. I have only heard this about the jl 7 hole injectors not ALL 7 hole injectors. I will be going back to a Scheid 6 hole.

I think thay all have a chance to do it my buddy had F1 m4 with 150000 miles on them and one of the tips split in half it didnt brake off just ran bad . I have J L 7 hole 7x 10 and 7x 12 with lots of run time. No tip splitting yet , if you got them used you dont know how long they have been run or how hard your takeing a big chance on running old tips at the least get new tips there way cheeper than a new motor. The 6 holes are the way to go if a safer way to get big fuel with little or no tip brakeing .

i wonder if smokem could rework my stock injectors and make them like a 7x18??

Correct me if I am wrong here,BUT,Aren't Scheid's injectors ALSO made by J&L Machine?.Unless they have made a recent change in their vendors they used to be done by them.

I always heard JL Machine did good work. They are in Michigan i believe. A boy i know deals with Jon a lot and he seems like a real good guy.

Eric

Correct me if I am wrong here,BUT,Aren't Scheid's injectors ALSO made by J&L Machine?.Unless they have made a recent change in their vendors they used to be done by them.

nope he used to do there low level stuff back when JP worked there, but has sinced changed since JP got fired

He might do some good work, but I have seen way to many of his 7 hole injectors blow off tips. I am just lucky I knew what to do when it started to knock, and saved myself from having to put in a new engine.

I personally know of 3 sets of the exact same injector (maker and hole size) that have all broken off tips... you make your own conclusions.

Been running JL 7 hole injectors for years with no issues what so ever. So have several thousand other people. **** happens to everyone. Just sucks when it happens to you.

I have sold many sets of Jon's injectors and never had a problem with any of them I am sure if you get a hold of Jon he will make it right with you he is just that kind of guy. No body wants to have a bad product out there and like anything you may have gotten a set of tips that the heat treat or somthing was off and it wasn't any fault of Jon's. I have been running Jon's tips for severeal years and never had a problem.
Before I started running Jon's tips I bought a set of tips from another manufacture that I am not going to mention 5 out of the six tips cracked I sent them back and they tested them and the heat treat was wrong. They sent me a new set I ran them for a year and they were fine.