Why NOT to buy 7 hole injectors!

I am sure he is a good guy, but I dont want these injectors in my truck. I was warned they would break, they did, nuff said. If you want to run them go ahead.

kinda glad I went with extrude honed. Sounds like this one guy has too much on his hands and maybe quality control is faltering ??? One reason I went with EH is I knew I would have my tips back and not someone else's cores that could have had 1000's of miles on them

I personally know of 3 sets of the exact same injector (maker and hole size) that have all broken off tips... you make your own conclusions.

I know of 3 South Bend clutches that have been trashed! EVERYONE get your South Bends out and replace them with something else, because it's gonna happen to you!!!!!!!

I'm just following the same logic here...:bang

It's not what happens with the product, it's what the maker does after that IMHO. We all know the risks we are taking using parts that pus our engines way past what they were designed to run.

Used some II injectors, didnt like them. Called John and got different ones. Loved them and have used many different holes and sizes and loved every set of them. Never had a bad one. Great guy John is. I will always get my stuff through him.

triton;766872 said:
Sounds like this one guy has too much on his hands and maybe quality control is faltering ???

That is a helluva thing to say Ty. No offense, but what do you base this opinion on? This instance in question? How often do injector tips break? Do you then assume that everyone who makes a tip that breaks has QC problems? If you knew all of the folks John does injectors for you would probably deficate yourself. Everyone that does injectors has failures.......everyone.

That is a helluva thing to say Ty. No offense, but what do you base this opinion on? This instance in question? How often do injector tips break? Do you then assume that everyone who makes a tip that breaks has QC problems? If you knew all of the folks John does injectors for you would probably deficate yourself. Everyone that does injectors has failures.......everyone.

I meant no offense to anyone and only recently was told how much and for who Jon does work for, I'd still use what I have though. What you quoted was a rhetorical statement. " maybe " was use because I don't know. If the one company does so much...for so many, it's possible Q/C could be getting lacks ??? It was just one of many possibility this guys had the issues he's had. I pointed no fingers.

Don't know whether JL does it or not but, I know many others that do tips will send you cores that have been worked on and ready to go instead of sending back your original tips. They may EDM ok but, who knows how old they are or how many miles or heat cycles they've been through. That's what sent me to EH in the first place, I knew I'd get my ( brand new at the time ) tips back

I see where you used the term "Maybe" but if you go back and re-read, it looks more like an implication than a question. And really, when you make a negative implication followed by a positive statement about another product, you kinda are pointing fingers, whether you intended to or not.

A vendor can also say I want new tips or core tips reburnd , just so they can undercut the next vendor who uses a new tip . Not his vault its what they want and he does just that

I see where you used the term "Maybe" but if you go back and re-read, it looks more like an implication than a question. And really, when you make a negative implication followed by a positive statement about another product, you kinda are pointing fingers, whether you intended to or not.

Tim, my first post only stated Scheid has 10 hole injectors that people used without a problem. The title to the thread is why not to use 7 hole tips. My statement was only that there are tips with more holes than 7 that people are happy with.... meaning, I don't think it's the amount of hole he has that is the problem. After he stated it's the third set from the same vendor, I stated it's possible who ever was doing them was overwelmed and QC " could " be lacking.

I also stated I was happy I went to EH not to say they're better but, only because I know exactly what I got back. It wasn't a coin toss as to who's tips or how many miles they had on them that I got back.

Geeezzzz..... I understand everyone likes Jon but, I said nothing claiming what he did sucked.... I didn't even know it was him that did this guys tips.

Geeezzzz is right.

I could say it is possible that "QC was lacking" at US Air and Delta has overhead bins that keep you from Dying....

Get my drift?

The fact of the matter is that none of us know why the tip in question or the alleged 3 other tips failed. It coulda been a $hit tip(defective) or the nozzle could have been run in a less than optimal environment for all you know. I think that while it may have been innocent, your implication came across wrong.

I said nothing claiming what he did sucked.... I didn't even know it was him that did this guys tips.

You need to re-read what you posted LOL Because I read the statement as a shot at JL unless you were talking about another "one guy" who does Injector work.
Sounds like this one guy has too much on his hands and maybe quality control is faltering ???

Geeezzzz is right.

I could say it is possible that "QC was lacking" at US Air and Delta has overhead bins that keep you from Dying....

Get my drift?

The fact of the matter is that none of us know why the tip in question or the alleged 3 other tips failed. It coulda been a $hit tip(defective) or the nozzle could have been run in a less than optimal environment for all you know. I think that while it may have been innocent, your implication came across wrong.

You need to re-read what you posted LOL Because I read the statement as a shot at JL unless you were talking about another "one guy" who does Injector work.

What ever Tim. Take it as you will. Like I said, I didn't even know thats who was being talked about nor do I know him personally. My statements were rhetorical and in general. Just trying to theorize what could have been the dudes problem. Maybe this, maybe that if you'd like to re-read what I posted.

I figured I was entitled to my opinion but, you seem to be trying to shut it down..... :bow: fine I still prefer EH.

There isn't a person on here who hasn't had a problem with a product at some point or another.Jon is probably the biggest distributor of aftermarket injectors out there and if any of you knew all the people he does work for this thread would be dead and he would be getting some respect.Most of you are running his stuff and you don't even know it.On top of it,he would do anything to fix a problem no questions asked.

BgBlDodge said:
Been running JL 7 hole injectors for years with no issues what so ever. So have several thousand other people. **** happens to everyone. Just sucks when it happens to you.

Very true... Blue.

But it's much more fun to get all...

Waterboy_2.jpg

[MEDIA]http://www.mwavs.com/0085412111/WAVS/Movies/Waterboy/cuthisheadoff.wav[/MEDIA]

:hehe:

What ever Tim. Take it as you will. Like I said, I didn't even know thats who was being talked about nor do I know him personally. My statements were rhetorical and in general. Just trying to theorize what could have been the dudes problem. Maybe this, maybe that if you'd like to re-read what I posted.

I figured I was entitled to my opinion but, you seem to be trying to shut it down..... :bow: fine I still prefer EH.

Ty, you are more than titled to your opinion..... Never said you were not, but in the general interest of discussion, I was merely pointing out that your "rhetorical" statements seemed to imply something that I don not think you intended them to... Couple that with the fact that you have told us in all of your posts in this thread that you prefer EH nozzles (nothing wrong with them, I run them myself) one could think that you were bagging on JL and his work...... Not trying to shut down your opinion.... just pointing out one possibility of how your statements could be taken.