Will A Triple Disk TC Improve 1/4 Times?

Tejas TJ

I've been tossing around ideas of how I want my transmission built and power goals this year alot. I'm starting a budget LOL

1. With a Phat Shaft 62 and 7x.009/7x.010 injectors with the Edge Comp will a quality Billet Single Disk torque converter hold that power daily driving and going to the track every once in a while? * I do not tow heavy, only a jeep or car. *

2. Would a Billet Triple Disk converter make this setup go faster down the track verse the Billet Single Disk with the correct line pressure?

Last edited:
Only time a triple is faster is if the single is slipping, if you can't afford a billet input shaft, stick to a single disc. The triple disc will hold a lot more tq while towing though.

Lavon

triple disc + drag racing without a billet input equals absolute destruction of the converter and pump most of the time. Like others have said, stick with a single unless you do billet shafts.

It wont make you faster, it will just hold better IMO. Id go triple with a billet input and be done with it.

Thx for the comments so far.

Could someone answer question #1... (Do you think the Billet Single will be sufficient for that power combo.)

And if I plan on boost launches at the track isn't a Billet Input Shaft manditory?

Thx for the comments so far.

Could someone answer question #1... (Do you think the Billet Single will be sufficient for that power combo.)

And if I plan on boost launches at the track isn't a Billet Input Shaft manditory?

A quality(ie, not a $400) single disc will hold that power just fine. And yes i would do a billet input for the added security at your power level.

A quality(ie, not a $400) single disc will hold that power just fine. And yes i would do a billet input for the added security at your power level.

My 3 owner, beat to hell, 100 dollar converter held pretty good for what it was. It was an ebay converter from 2007 i think. I ran about 8-9 passes offically at the strip under 12.8 and upwards of 80 launches on the street over a year. Sometimes the cheap converters will suprise you. I finally maxed it out though and lost lockup.

IMO get the billet input and triple disk. Garmon sells a nice precision insustries input for around 500.

This is the way I'm leaning I guess considering I don't pull heavy and I don't plan on that much bigger power adders.