Winter Build - 12 valve 10.5 class

I don't think you'll see a 12mm pump make much more than 650cc 's. Also if someone wants me to text them a pic or two I went afco coil overs on all 4 corners with a single leaf rear, and simple traction bar on the rear.

As far as weight goes I know of a vp truck on here that's a ecsb with a race weight around 5100#.

I know of a couple different 12mm pumps making 800+ cc's. The number was really just for arguments sake though, I don't think I'll need anywhere near 900 cc's for my setup.

I'm going to pm you my number, I'd like to see those pictures if you don't mind.

No problem, I'd like to see flow numbers and know what shop benched it before I'd believe 800cc's. Not saying it can't be done however, I've never seen it. Just hearsay..

I'm also on the fence about whether to step up to a 13mm or stay with a 12mm pump. If both pumps are capable of making 800-900 cc's, which pump makes more power at a high rpm? What affect does injection rate vs barrel size have on performance at 4000-5000 rpms?

A while ago KTA put some info up on a 12mm VE pump he tested with a couple different injectors. You can see that cc's drop off as rpm rises, so saying that a 12mm p-pump can make 800cc might not mean anything, it might make that at idle where you can't use it. At 5,000rpm it might only make 400cc. It's more drastic with a VE, but anyways......

To illustrate the effect injectors have and to show the potential power diffrences I ran the same pump set the same way through my 6x.018" and a set of POD's I have laying around. These are the results
RPM 6x.018 POD
1500 285 210
2000 300 210
2200 302 220
2500 277 180
2600 206 130
3000 45 35

A while ago KTA put some info up on a 12mm VE pump he tested with a couple different injectors. You can see that cc's drop off as rpm rises, so saying that a 12mm p-pump can make 800cc might not mean anything, it might make that at idle where you can't use it. At 5,000rpm it might only make 400cc. It's more drastic with a VE, but anyways......

To illustrate the effect injectors have and to show the potential power diffrences I ran the same pump set the same way through my 6x.018" and a set of POD's I have laying around. These are the results
RPM 6x.018 POD
1500 285 210
2000 300 210
2200 302 220
2500 277 180
2600 206 130
3000 45 35

Would a 13mm pump have the same characteristics though? As far as dropping in cc's while going up in rpms? Or do the larger barrels and plungers help offset the decrease in fuel delivery at higher rpms?

Would a 13mm pump have the same characteristics though? As far as dropping in cc's while going up in rpms? Or do the larger barrels and plungers help offset the decrease in fuel delivery at higher rpms?

They help, but cc's will still drop. Honestly, I think you'll be fine with a 12mm pump if you're willing to run nitrous. Heck, Cole ran mid 9s on a 12mm.

I don't think you'll see a 12mm pump make much more than 650cc 's. Also if someone wants me to text them a pic or two I went afco coil overs on all 4 corners with a single leaf rear, and simple traction bar on the rear.

As far as weight goes I know of a vp truck on here that's a ecsb with a race weight around 5100#.

I would like to see those please pm sent

Don't forget the guy in CO that makes over 1200rwhp and runs low 10s or 9s at high elevation. Isn't he running a 12mm pump? Just windowed his block. I'm spacing on his screen name ATM.

EDIT: little6cylinder is who I'm referring to. GREAT build thread a few threads down from this one.

Last edited:
Don't forget the guy in CO that makes over 1200rwhp and runs low 10s or 9s at high elevation. Isn't he running a 12mm pump? Just windowed his block. I'm spacing on his screen name ATM.

EDIT: little6cylinder is who I'm referring to. GREAT build thread a few threads down from this one.

Ya, he is one of the 12mm pumps I was referring to. I've followed his thread for a while now and have a ton of respect for what he's accomplished thus far.

Glad I found this thread.. Super excited to watch your progress

I'm doing a 24v 13mm Swap with a 475 looking for low 11s. Makes me think I might want to get my hands on an 80 and see if I can get into the 10s as well.
13mm
6X.018s
S475/87/.90
2500 Stall converter

What are your plans for weight reduction?

Last edited:

Thanks. It's very consistently in the 9's now even on the low boost setting. I bumped the timing up, bumped the boost up, and played with the fueling a little and the block ended up being the weak link.

Ya, he is one of the 12mm pumps I was referring to. I've followed his thread for a while now and have a ton of respect for what he's accomplished thus far.

Thanks, my pump only flowed ~650cc's after Kevin was done with it though. It fuels very well all the way to almost 5200rpm's

Glad I found this thread.. Super excited to watch your progress

I'm doing a 24v 13mm Swap with a 475 looking for low 11s. Makes me think I might want to get my hands on an 80 and see if I can get into the 10s as well.
13mm
6X.018s
S475/87/.90
2500 Stall converter

What are your plans for weight reduction?

You don't need a 13mm at all for that. I've been 9.7x's at 6500lbs with a 12mm pump on fuel only.

You don't need a 13mm at all for that. I've been 9.7x's at 6500lbs with a 12mm pump on fuel only.

I am fully aware. Only reason I bought it was because it was an insanely good deal for a fresh built pump. Still think I might not have enough air for my goal though. We'll see. Thinking I might just do the bottom end here soon and throw an S595 over my 75 and try to play with the big boys.

What happened to this..?

Just trying to get caught up on some other stuff before I get started on the teardown/rebuild. I pulled the trans out of it last night to put in my common rail, so I'll have to build another trans at some point as well. Not a big deal, just another thing to add to the list.

Just trying to get caught up on some other stuff before I get started on the teardown/rebuild. I pulled the trans out of it last night to put in my common rail, so I'll have to build another trans at some point as well. Not a big deal, just another thing to add to the list.

Gotcha. Was just wondering. I have a 47re if you need a chassis to build/core.

Interested to see what you come up with.

Back