winter new truck build

jones95runner

Decided to build a different truck this year, hears my starting point.
2011-11-08_18-31-36_939.jpg
A
Resampled952011-11-129519-14-1895336.jpg
little sneak peak at the paint. Made lots of progress on the frame this week. It's fully boxed now with.everyting not needed cut off. I'll have moreas pictures up as I go. Already registered for a indoor pull first weekend in Feb so hope it comes together pretty quick.

gonna keep a eye on this. What ya doing with the old truck?

Sitting beside the shop gutted. LOL. 95 crew cab. And paint is more red than what picture looks. I think it's going to look wild, whole truck going to be like that. Factory 2wd truck, but all that's getting cut out next week for a high pinion 60, big axles and Detoit. Still looking for options on rear, but haven't decided yet.

Sounds like a cool build. Post up pics as you can I like that you re doin something different. I loved the way the old truck looked! Are you gonna get rid of it?

Cummins conversions are very entertaining and frustrating. Just finished a 96 chevy conversion for a guy. Biggest issues was core support room limitation. One question is there a reason you want a solid axle ? I'm guessing 3.0 truck? The 96 from above I stated has made multiple hooks but only 2.6 about 750hp..

Good luck with the build .

Clinton

Sitting beside the shop gutted. LOL. 95 crew cab. And paint is more red than what picture looks. I think it's going to look wild, whole truck going to be like that. Factory 2wd truck, but all that's getting cut out next week for a high pinion 60, big axles and Detoit. Still looking for options on rear, but haven't decided yet.

6v92?

If your realy throwing a Detroit in it, thats going to be an awesome truck!!!! I like the idea of throwing different engine combonations in pullers! Im about the same stage you are on mine, but Im going DT466..........

6v92?

If your realy throwing a Detroit in it, thats going to be an awesome truck!!!! I like the idea of throwing different engine combonations in pullers! Im about the same stage you are on mine, but Im going DT466..........

detroit locker.

Garrett

little update. got frame fully boxed, just needs to be welded the rest of the way. Got all the front suspension apart but no brackets cut off yet. I slid the front axle under it just to get a rough idea about how things are gonna line up. I think its going to work out good.

2011-11-15_21-28-43_250.jpg

2011-11-15_21-27-57_981.jpg

2011-11-15_21-29-06_834.jpg

Looks pretty neat. Please post more pics as you get farther along in your build!

looks good. what you doin with the old truck?

Thanks Nick. Well right now it's sitting behind the shop gutted LOL. Only thing left in it is a front 60. We thought about building a pro street gas truck being the short wheel base but probably just gonna try to get rid of it.

from past experiance, you are going to have to cut the front crossmember down quite a bit in order to fit the motor. I think I notched the top out and lowered the upper surface at least an inch, I also cut the rear of it, and moved it forward a bit to clear the oil pan. When I orginally had it, the motor was touching the fire wall and was sitting to high in the body. I have a bunch of pictures on the TDR if you have an account...I don't have any saved on my computers anymore and am no longer a member on the TDR.

from past experiance, you are going to have to cut the front crossmember down quite a bit in order to fit the motor. I think I notched the top out and lowered the upper surface at least an inch, I also cut the rear of it, and moved it forward a bit to clear the oil pan. When I orginally had it, the motor was touching the fire wall and was sitting to high in the body. I have a bunch of pictures on the TDR if you have an account...I don't have any saved on my computers anymore and am no longer a member on the TDR.

I had planned oncutting it out and replacing it with 4 inch box tube, mainly because truck was a 2wd and the lower control arms were mounted to it. Thanks for the heads up Ryan I'll drop it down little more and maybe scoot it forward little bit too. Would have sucked to found that out the hard way :doh: