Wiring Question

mr2berry

Here and There
I recently picked up a pretty solid 92 D350 reg cab dually with a flat bed on it. Whoever worked on the truck before I had it was addicted to wire nuts and splicing around bad sections of wire in other spots. So here's the deal, I'd like to completely rewire the truck, front to back, inside and out. However, finding a replacement factory harness seems to be more difficult than finding chicken teeth. Have any of you had any luck finding any place that offers replacement harnesses?

I've seen their products, as well as Painless, and a few others. I was just curious to see if anyone had ever stumbled upon a direct replacement.

I pulled mine out and just redid it.
Way better then replacing everything

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367093006.854015.jpg
This seems to be the common find all over this truck. Soldering really isn't that hard people.

Good gravy man that's some fancy wire fixin!

I was never able to find one. I got lucky and found a local truck that hadn't been molested too bad so I got the harnesses out of it. If you can't find something like that then fixing the old harness would be the best route. I will also suggest a fuse block rather than the fuseable links underhood. And bigger and better grounds and power wires. I swear Dodge didn't think these old trucks would last more than 3 years on the road so they saved money on the wire gauge.

Back