Wish Me Luck

GHowieFarts

Well, on Monday, October 16th through Thursday, 19th, my truck will be in DJ’s shop in Miami. It will be about a 20 hour drive to Miami. :drive: While he is working on the truck, I’m going to fly from Miami to visit relatives. I hope to get the truck back Friday morning.

At DJ’s, the truck will get head studs, a turbo upgrade, an injector upgrade, a torque converter upgrade, a transmission upgrade, and a fluidampr. :woohoo: And, of course, DJ will have to do some programming….. :evil

I hope it all works out well cause I will only have about a day to try out the changes in the Miami area. Then I drive home. :drive: (I hope. Stuff happens.:aiwebs_029: )

Why am I doing this? I finally figured it out. I never owned a highly modified vehicle before. So this is a sacrifice to the God of the Mid-Life Crisis.:bow: I figured that out when I started seeing a lot of Harleys show up at work driven by old (late 40s) geezers like me. I have consoled myself that at least my mid-life crisis isn’t as expensive as some others…..:eek:

Awesome!!
Im sure it will be a whole different animal once DJ works his magic

That is what we like to hear. Don't worry. That crazy cuban will take good care of you...

It Ain"t Gonna Happen

DJ called me last Tuesday and cancelled the appointment. :doh:

Seems like he is behind in his work. He is also moving to rural Florida; he bought about 35 acres. So he had to cancel.

That sucks!! Are you going to re-schedule or is it cancelled for good?

nummit said:
That sucks!! Are you going to re-schedule or is it cancelled for good?
After I travel to New England next week, I will not have any vacation left this year. So I can't reschedule this year.

Next year, I use 2/3 of my vacation moving my elderly mom to Florida. So the chances of me taking more vacation to get this done is remote.

mikehalseyjr said:
Get it done locally, is that an option?
I'm working on that. We will see.

I went ahead and ordered an SCT last week because I will need it with those mods.

That sucks man, hope you can get it done, sounds like it will be sweet when it gets done.

GHowieFarts said:
DJ called me last Tuesday and cancelled the appointment. :doh:

Seems like he is behind in his work. He is also moving to rural Florida; he bought about 35 acres. So he had to cancel.

Dang, seems to me that considering the circumstances, he should fit you in......I mean 20 hour drive JUST to get him to do the work......fly out and back in only to drive another 20 hrs.......

I would definitely get it done somewhere else now no matter what.

Slaughterhouse said:
Dang, seems to me that considering the circumstances, he should fit you in......I mean 20 hour drive JUST to get him to do the work......fly out and back in only to drive another 20 hrs.......

Well, without going into a lot of detail, let's just say that I was disappointed.

Slaughterhouse said:

Come on now. DJ works a ton of hours and is only one man. He is getting ready to move in the next month or so. I don't know any of went on between the two parties involved but if the guy doesn't have time to fit it in then he just doesn't have time. DJ takes great pride and spreads himself thin as it is to try and make all of his customers happy. I am sure that it was nothing personal and I am positive that GHowieFarts would rather DJ tell him upfront that he doesn't have time then to have him come down and not get the job done in the amount of time that he has.

Chris

CBSuperDuty said:
Come on now. DJ works a ton of hours and is only one man. He is getting ready to move in the next month or so. I don't know any of went on between the two parties involved but if the guy doesn't have time to fit it in then he just doesn't have time. DJ takes great pride and spreads himself thin as it is to try and make all of his customers happy. I am sure that it was nothing personal and I am positive that GHowieFarts would rather DJ tell him upfront that he doesn't have time then to have him come down and not get the job done in the amount of time that he has.

Chris

Come on now. Ghowiefarts has bought airplane tickets I am sure he can not get a refund for now, was willing to drive a total of 40 hours, thats an entire work WEEK to some of you office beaters.....all because DJ is busy and is moving next month.....:aiwebs_029:

I am not bashing a site vendor here, nor do I even know DJ or Viv, I am just saying as a business man myself and CONSIDERING the circumstances, I would go far beyond whatever it took to get this done instead of ruining another mans plans and it being pubically known to this site and possible negative publicity to my business.

Jason

It's time to let this one go, ladies and gentlemen. I'm sure howie and DJ will get this worked out.

Back