With Hard Drag Launch Then Falls On Its Face????

TCDiesel's 5 way valve works really well. they can be a pain to seal but allow for the RV and pressure sensor while feeding the rail in two spots... Complements the ATS twin kit very well.

That $hit is junk and a total waste of money!!

Stick to spending 3 weeks to install a set of twins instead of giving worthless advice!:kick:

Sell your truck yet? ohh wait, no one gives a **** about your crap.

That $hit is junk and a total waste of money!!

I'd agree that boring out the rail possibly has zero benefit at the power levels anyone is making today. However, hypothetically cutting that bore size in half, you think you'd be making any power? One day a bigger rail will be required to flow.

As far as the 5 way fitting, That right there allows for keeping the RV and the sensor on the rail where it belongs plus allowing for the top pump to feed the rail directly. There is no questioning that logic. The high pressure lines are solid and not a hacked together "T" fittings.

Has anyone seen an ATS feed line break or leak?

As far as my injector solenoid lifting theory, that came right from a injector builder as actually occurring shortly after the truck launched.

Last edited:
I'd agree that boring out the rail possibly has zero benefit at the power levels anyone is making today. However, hypothetically cutting that bore size in half, you think you'd be making any power? One day a bigger rail will be required to flow.
Unless you have larger injector lines, you will have NO gain in fuel flow as the lines will then be smaller than the ports in the fuel rail. So in turn, ported rail will gain not a dam thing$.02 I might know someone who has tried modding fuel rails and gained not a thing on a dyno or an inch on the track. But I wont stop anyone from wasting the money if their mind is set on it.

Unless you have larger injector lines, you will have NO gain in fuel flow as the lines will then be smaller than the ports in the fuel rail. So in turn, ported rail will gain not a dam thing$.02 I might know someone who has tried modding fuel rails and gained not a thing on a dyno or an inch on the track. But I wont stop anyone from wasting the money if their mind is set on it.

Exactly.. But depending on your dual kit configuration you may need one of these adapters. For example, the ATS kit puts the rail sensor in the top pump. If you wish to go from a "T" or something else, you'll need something. It's an option one could use to reconfigure how things are fed to the rail.

Heck, one could run 2 RV's so that sudden throttle cut and flow more fuel out faster.

I mentioned nothing about "the adapters". I only said the modded rail was worthless.....

If the pumps "T" together on the rail feed line, then the feed line cannot flow the amount of fuel the the pumps are making. If you can feed the top of the rail where the relief goes with the top pump and feed the bottom of the rail with the bottom pump, you will get all the fuel that the pumps can produce to the rail. Volume is key. A relief valve is certainly a good idea. I haven't ran one in 3 years on my puller, but I am sure that I've paid for one many times over in broken injectors. This year I am switching my twin cp3 kit to a motorsports kit. It it setup really well with fuel volume in mind.

No the T is on the pump returns. I had the specs on the initial post,each pump has 1/2" lines from the fass to cp3's.

Chris, Do you have the shift limiter set to "off"? I would also try setting the Torque to "2" mild. Have you used the POD feature? If so, try reprogramming the ECU making sure you leave the POD at 99. I always had issues when trying to go back to 99 after trying the POD. By the way, a modded rail is a waste of money. Also, try plugging the RV banjo bolt and see if it solves the problem. It's easy, just tap the inside of the bolt and put in a 1/4 npt plug. You can take it out afterwards if you want.[/QUOTE]

Yea it is turned off did not see a point in using it.The pod is controled by my CTS but I do not use and might just turn the pod off.

No the T is on the pump returns. I had the specs on the initial post,each pump has 1/2" lines from the fass to cp3's.

Between the cp3's and rail was my question. Do the pumps high pressure lines tie into one line to feed the rail? The PPE and Industrial Injection kits do just that, and its a terrible design.

CTS is the Edge gauge display I use it also can controll the pod settings.
The pump setup I have is Evil Twins if I recall now,stock pump still hooked to rail in oe place and top pump line goes in the front of the rail where the pressure switch went and pressure switch is in the top pump now.

I went to a new valve after the other would only hold 18k after few hard passes. I tried rp at 0 at the track same problem.So you think it is dumping the rail right after you nail it. What settings are you running Bruce if you dont mind sharing? I sent my old valve back for core charge,do not have another.

Chris I am running 26 on my HLR setting

On my 05 4x4 at the drag strip when I spool it tight and launch hard 1.69 60' goes 200 to 300' and goes down to idle no matter what pedal position and rp still shows 24k pressure on CTS later at 1000' it will wake up again. Turn tune way down and leave low boost 10psi or so it will run 12.70s?? Acts like starving for fuel but tank has sump and 220gph fass with 1/2"hose from pump to each cp3.
Using new SSR tuner 300hp injectors Gorend full billet trans 33x13.50 street radials:blahblah1:
WTF????

You running at State Capitol? I may have to come "watch" before you get it fixed. LOL

CTS is the Edge gauge display I use it also can controll the pod settings.
The pump setup I have is Evil Twins if I recall now,stock pump still hooked to rail in oe place and top pump line goes in the front of the rail where the pressure switch went and pressure switch is in the top pump now.

I would take that CTS thing out of the equation first.

I would take that CTS thing out of the equation first.

I agree you really don't know what that thing is doing. I was running a Bully Dog Outlook on mine for my rail pressure and pyro it was doing some crazy things with the defueling I finally had to get rid of it. Unplug the CTS and see if it makes any difference.

Ok next time before I go to track I will unplug it. I use it just for gauges no other function. i do not use the POD function.
Danny I went to No Problem for the diesel race when I had all the issues then on the drive home stoped at State Capitol and at least got down the track. I'll give you a shout before next outing.
Just lowered the truck 6" took the lift and the 37's they had on it off.
Spent all that money on that gauge setup,hope it's not crap.:bang
I'm a broke dick dog right now after all the upgrades to handle my style of driving.:what:
It needs 2k in front end work before next time out~
Now I am remembering why I took 5 years off oil burner hot rods!:tree::charger::kick:
Moe,while your not running anything I could use a good ca$h sponser!

Last edited: