wont start

fullpull

2003 ford e550 crank no start new injectors new pump and ipr new icp new valve cover gaskets and wiring cranks over with 201in rpms and makes up to 720 psi in injection pressure come back witha highto low code for cly 2 a nd cly 5 ohm tested no everything is good

yes changed crank sensor changed idm today and it started but shut off after 15 min and only builds 273psi injection pressure

So your pressure was at 720 before and now its at 273 ? It sounds like your HPOP has shyt the bed or you have and injector type issue. Was it running before you pulled your injectors ?
And again.. who built you injectors ?

Where are you located?

Last edited:
dw diesel stock injectors has a new hpop but dosent mean anythinbg it could have went bad

i was told to block off have of the pump run one line to a head at a time and you shoud have 3800 psi and to get iot to run on four cly

That's one way to do it.. its possible you nicked an oring when you installed the injectors. Being a van and that makes it a PITA to begin with.

New vc gaskets and wiring harness ohm tested all pins and idm everything came back 3.6 ohm

What ipr sensor is in the hpop? I have seen where a older ipr sensors will fail in 10-20 minutes if used in the newer 17* pumps.
Just good for thought. I would check the ipr numbers and verify its for the higher pressure 17* hpop and not for the 15*.

If it started and ran, had 720 psi crank before and now only has 2xx psi the ipr is not opening. The ipr control the oil flow to the injector rails, and if she's not opening, she won't run. Pull the icp and install a manual gauge in its place. I don't remember the psi off the top of my head but if you don't see 650+ she won't run. From what you described it sounds like a faulty or wrong ipr sensor.....also where was the new ipr purchased?
Also check you ECM fuse in be interior panel, if its blown, unplug the fuel heater on the back side of the filter bowl, replace the fuse and try again.

Last edited:
fuse number 30 irrc, but i doubt thats your issue after reading the rest of the story.

Last edited:
Back