Wont take fuel ( sometimes)

Mountaineer

Comp D's Doe Killer
Truck ran great day before. Parked over night and when I fired it up next morning it it surged a little more than usual.
( Mach 6.5s always have surged a little bit when first started). In park I can tach it out and rpms rock solid at idle.
If I put it in drive high range it just barely wants to take fuel and sounds ( valvey) . Low range it will run through the gears and rev fine. Its definitely not fueling as hard as usual.
Air dog 100 @ 14psi & cycling plenty of fuel back to tank.
Vp maybe has 4k miles on it & untapped .
P1693 showing through key cycle. I'll throw the scanner on tonight.
Any initial guesses ?

If that's the case why throttle response in park, & neutral and low range?
Btw apps has maybe 5k on it & was from that dude that builds his own apps( not that it means anything)

its a timbeaux,,,,doesn't mean it aint bad..just that it is aftermarket..btw it could still be the pump not responding to load..mine never dead pedaled empty either if ya get the idea

Scanner showing no codes.
Boost psi 0 at idle and all other rpms though
Wouldn't a bad Map throw a code ?

Took it out to the road to load it up to check boost psi and it did start coming up. Chucked er down in drive and it took off like normal.... drove around for a while and no symptoms. Glad but now scratching my head more so than before.?

Had one last week that the guy came home, fired the truck, ran for a minute, then died.
He fired it back up, it revved high, died again and never fired up again.

It presented with codes P0122, P0336 and P1639.

Guy replaced the fuel pump, APPS and crank sensor, still dead as a door nail, so I go up and help him, did the injection pump bypass harness trick (Thanks Brett!) got it fired and running on the injection pump, with the lift pump relay bypassed.

Get to checking and no fuel pump at key on, or bump over, swap in an ecm I had that was half dead (knew it had issues), and we got the key prime and bump over back.

Stupid thing is, until he unhooked the batteries to charge them, he had the lift pump on both cycles, but after that, no key on prime, or bump-run. ECM had bought the farm.

My point is, these ECMs on these trucks are dying at a higher and higher rate and some of the stuff they do when they go, is hard to troubleshoot, so due diligence is necessary.

Mark.