Woodburn

Moneypit

Anyone here going to the Pacific Coast Nationals in Woodburn OR on the 28th?

Should be a good turnout, all the Idaho boys and girls will be there, Idaho Rob, Andera (dragin Lady), Verlon, Dustin, all the Big Twin Diesel guys, Pat, Moose, big Dave, Bully Dog crew, haven't heard but I assume the H&S crew will be there. White Out, it will be our last race with White Out, I sold it to a guy in Canada and he'll be picking it up after the Woodbrun race. Obviously Michael and I assume Jim Calhoun plus Brad Ponzi said he should be there with his new Pro Stock truck.

Yup, I was about to start a thread on it, but I can just post in here instead! I've already talked to Brad Ponci, he will have his new truck out for the event. There will be a test & tune and street legal event at the track Friday night from 3:00-9:00 pm, then the ISSPRO Pacific Coast Diesel Nationals on Saturday (races, dyno and sled pulls). There will be a complimentary meal courtesy of ISSPRO at one of the track concession stands (listen to the announcer for when it starts). There will be a non-diesel pickup class as well for those who are unfortunate enough to not have a diesel ;) Dry camping is available at the track (no hookups). If you want to get even more racing in, there is a regular ET bracket race on Sunday. This should be an awesome event!

Brad Ponci not Ponzi sorry Brad

All good. Believe me I have been called worse. Will be nice to get some seat time in. I have only been able to make a couple of hits with it. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Last edited:
Should be a good turnout, all the Idaho boys and girls will be there, Idaho Rob, Andera (dragin Lady), Verlon, Dustin, all the Big Twin Diesel guys, Pat, Moose, big Dave, Bully Dog crew, haven't heard but I assume the H&S crew will be there. White Out, it will be our last race with White Out, I sold it to a guy in Canada and he'll be picking it up after the Woodbrun race. Obviously Michael and I assume Jim Calhoun plus Brad Ponzi said he should be there with his new Pro Stock truck.

The wife and I will be coming down, she will be running sportsman. She is racing in the Summit ET series up here at Pacific Raceway. About the only other diesel we have seen up here was Jim Calhoun a few weeks ago, seems like a real nice guy.

I'll be there. I know there will be several other Siskiyou Diesel Performance trucks there. Can't wait for some racing!!

Frank decided he wanted me to drive White Out for the last time so I guess I'll be standing on the brakes and spinning up the turbos. Should be fun, looking forward to seeing everyone.

See ya up there Ken!! Should be a good turn out. Just hope the weather cooperates

Leaving tomorrow afternoon driving my Dmax street rod, +-12 hours. Going to make a couple stops and cruise the coast. Hoping to make a couple test hits on the Friday test-n-tune weather permitting. Come up and say hello if you're at the race.

Leaving tomorrow afternoon driving my Dmax street rod, +-12 hours. Going to make a couple stops and cruise the coast. Hoping to make a couple test hits on the Friday test-n-tune weather permitting. Come up and say hello if you're at the race.

See if you can find some nice asphalt to make a bit darker colored *nx*:ft:

Sunday is the rain date. I hope it doesn't get rained out, can't make it Sunday.

jc

Just rolled into home, long couple of days, drove to Woodburn from Anacortes WA this morning, left at 3:15 am and made the 312 mile trip in exactly 4 hours rolling into the woodburn drag strip at exactly 7:15 am. It took me about 3 hours to drive the 90 miles from Olympia to Everett on Thursday with all damn stop and go traffic.

Race was good not a huge truck count but a full + field in Sportman about 9-10 in Super Diesel, 3-4 in Superstreet only one in Prostreet and 3 in prostock including the Dmax Nova and Brad Ponci's new ride. Some vary good racing, no oil downs, on and off rain showers and what looked like a good turn out for the sled pulls. There were a good number of fans so all in all it was a good event for NHRDA and ISSPRO. Jarid had another 8.8 pass at 157mph IIRC in Bully Dog.

NHRDA will have a list of all participants and the up dated points totals and pictures within a couple of days as well as all the run data on 1320 go if your interested. The event video is available now on Diesel TV. Lots of short rain delays so will be a bit boring unless you fast forward.

Did the Dmax nova blow the engine?

No I think it was just tranny and TC issues, This is what Russ told me in a note. "... lost 1st gear testing fri, and changed the Trans after first green light sat. Converter ballooned and ate the reluctor wheel. It threw the Inj timing all off and made a smoke show. The car has tons left in it still, can't wait to get everything dialed in."