Workstock Truck

Isnt turbo size a factor in rpm's anyway. Would it turn 4000 under load with stock turbo?

4.30'S are way to slow. Quad is junk. Use an edge Drag comp. 6x.013's work very well. Its worthless to spin the motor over 4k Cause your not making power there. Use the VP to your advantage and Use the tq. With a 4.30 gear your going to need atleast a 36-37" tire and lock the converter(3rd) Imiediately after taking off.

Don't take off like a bat out of hell. You have a charger that will spool quick as you roll it on. You should be 3rd converter locked by 75 to 100 ft and have it wide open right after coverter locks. You will probably see 3200 tops if your tracks are decent. That would be with 33

If you do a 36 tire then wheel speed and a quick lockup will be your friend

from phone

Last edited:
around here your limited to 33'' tire. you wouldnt want anything bigger

My old silver 6-speed would hold 3000 in 3rd 4low on 285's till she stoped. Then agian it was a manwell. If yall need some help on the weekends Ill try and make it over there and leand a hand.

Don't take off like a bat out of hell. You have a charger that will spool quick as you roll it on. You should be 3rd converter locked by 75 to 100 ft and have it wide open right after coverter locks. You will probably see 3200 tops if your tracks are decent. That would be with 33

If you do a 36 tire then wheel speed and a quick lockup will be your friend

from phone

If you lock the converter @ 75' your leaving a lot on the table. A trans with a vb set up well will be in 3rd by 20'. You leave the converter unlocked that long your wasting your effort

I guess it depends on how tight the coverter is. I agree that a very loose higher stall converter would be loosing a lot not being locked into direct drive.
With single 33s I don't think tires speed off the line will be very beneficial with the auto. The closer your ground to tire speed ratio the better with the auto.
What converter will be used??

from phone

I guess it depends on how tight the coverter is. I agree that a very loose higher stall converter would be loosing a lot not being locked into direct drive.
With single 33s I don't think tires speed off the line will be very beneficial with the auto. The closer your ground to tire speed ratio the better with the auto.
What converter will be used??

from phone

He built the tranny a couple of years ago himself, he said it was an $800 converter but he didn't remember the name. The tranny is all stock rebuild, a bullet proof one will be built later on. These tips are good thanks!

With 4.30's and 33's that's about a 24-25 mph gear. That's not even in the ball park. I have a 31mph wheel speed and it's not enough.

26.8 with a final drive of 11.7 I think that set up would work with a quick spooling charger and taking off easy

from phone

No the owner decided to build a p-pump 2.6 truck so it never did run on the track with this setup. He is still slowly building the motor and getting parts for the 2.6 setup now.