Worlds First?

Nope. Dyno day was rained out early. Prolly have to bring it down to beans.

Looks real crazy, mad props on the work Carl. I personally am not sure if I could deal with the noise though. I would love to see the #s on the dyno compared to a triple turbo setup

Could you do the same thing with a triple setup or small twin setup, and in such a way that the very small turbo needed to make boost so low in RPM was bypassed once the next one lit? Could it make pressure numbers close to the supercharger?
Since its all driven from the exhaust, that might be the best combo of efficiency versus low end power.
Any fuel economy numbers with and without the supercharger, tooling around town empty?

Any results from messing with the rotory superchargers?

Last edited:
It could be done but wouldnt be the same. The SC makes boost @ idle and the truck could be driven without turbos at all if a large enough super is used.
Mpgs are up to 1.5 higher with the SC vs turbos alone.

That impressive Carl.

Your ingenuity never ceases to amaze me.

How big of a charger would be needed to run as a single? I guess it all depends on you hp goals huh? I cant wait to see your dyno results.

I wouldnt want to run a supercharger at high boost, bet it sucks down a lot of power. And dont like turbo lag and lack of flow at low rpm. So this combo is a win-win.
Too bad the same cant be done with turbos alone

hey, how is that new trans and low stall converter holding up to the low-rpm torque its making now?

Nope. Dyno day was rained out early. Prolly have to bring it down to beans.

If you needing to get on a dyno for tunning and trying different things. I'll offer up the dyno time all weekend if you need for free if you want to make the drive. It's a dyno dynamics like beans.
Just to get to see this thing in person and a ride.

wonder if you could move the turbos around a little and lose the battery / heat exchanger to get the supercharger over the header so you dont have to cut the hood and run the intake there.

If you needing to get on a dyno for tunning and trying different things. I'll offer up the dyno time all weekend if you need for free if you want to make the drive. It's a dyno dynamics like beans.
Just to get to see this thing in person and a ride.

Thanks! I just might take you up on that if my schedule ever clears up.:Cheer:

wonder if you could move the turbos around a little and lose the battery / heat exchanger to get the supercharger over the header so you dont have to cut the hood and run the intake there.

Anything is possible. :evil

Anything is possible. :evil

Uhoh.. I have a feeling something new is in the works. Maybe I should hold off on buying the super + single. If this super + twins setup can fit in the engine bay maybe Im better off saving up some more $$$ for that instead!
Do it once and do it right! :ft:

nothing particular "in the works", just saying it could be done. I mounted mine this way because I wanted to and it freed up the engine bay to do whatever I wanted with the turbos.

personally I like the sleeper look with everything in the engine bay. That way when you whoop the snot out of that ricer it leaves him wondering just WTF it was that looked like a clunky old diesel but blew his doors off.

My goal is to tuck it all under the hood, and keep the batts in the stock locations. If the low profile 3.3 is used, with a side draft intake on it, and a venom hood......could be doable.

Unfortunately for you guys I am doing it on a 3rd gen with that kind of options in a hood.

Thanks! I just might take you up on that if my schedule ever clears up.:Cheer:

Sounds good.
I'll send a PM to you with my contact info and if and when you decide I'll get the schedule cleared for you to have it however long you need the dyno.