Would you pour 5 grams of dirt into your turbo?

4x4dually

At least that is what they as on thier (S&B's) advertisement in the Oct '07 issue of Diesel Power between pages 34 and 35. Has anyone taken the pack of dirt and actually done it? :bang I hope you aren't that retarded! :hehe:

Anyway, anyone notice the comparison table between the four filters tested? It makes S&B's filter look like a champ...well it should...all three non-S&B filters are dry and theirs is oiled! What's up with that S&B?:poke:

It says "you may be if you're using a dry performance filter" in reguards to pouring 5 grams of dirt into your turbo. Well, DUH! That is why I have an oiled one! I'm curious to know the results between the S&B, the AFE, and the AEM when they are all three oiled you cheaters.

Just seemed like "misleading advertising" to me so I wondered if anyone else noticed.

Nice try S&B. :D

I switched from an oiled AFE ProGuard to an AEM DryFlow. Silicon levels in the oil reports went from 35ppm to 7ppm.

joefarmer said:
I switched from an oiled AFE ProGuard to an AEM DryFlow. Silicon levels in the oil reports went from 35ppm to 7ppm.

WOW! 35? Did you run a filter?

I am 7ppm with a 14" long 5 inch diameter AFE.

That little packet broke open so while I am sitting on the throne reading it got dirt on me. I was upset. LOL

justinp20012500 said:
WOW! 35? Did you run a filter?

I am 7ppm with a 14" long 5 inch diameter AFE.
I run a lot of air. :hehe: I also noticed the inside of the preturbo pipe was cleaner with the AEM. I dunno if this was the lack of sucking oil molecules from the filter. If I figured everything correctly, my air filter needs to move 149.6731428 lbs/min of air.

Mike's Big Ford said:
That little packet broke open so while I am sitting on the throne reading it got dirt on me. I was upset. LOL

Sand in the Bikini bottoms? :hehe: LOL :doh:

Mike's Big Ford said:

Aww, whatsa matter...sand in your 'gina??

Chris:D

joefarmer said:
I run a lot of air. :hehe: I also noticed the inside of the preturbo pipe was cleaner with the AEM. I dunno if this was the lack of sucking oil molecules from the filter. If I figured everything correctly, my air filter needs to move 149.6731428 lbs/min of air.

I've had my afe for about two years with twins. I put a pre filter over it and I noticed unusually higher egt's one day and decided to lift the hood. (the hood doesn't come up as much since the major detune) I noticed my filter somewhat collapsed. Needless to say its almost time for a new afe.

What is the max amount of air a set of towing twins will move at 65 psi?

justinp20012500 said:
I've had my afe for about two years with twins. I put a pre filter over it and I noticed unusually higher egt's one day and decided to lift the hood. (the hood doesn't come up as much since the major detune) I noticed my filter somewhat collapsed. Needless to say its almost time for a new afe.

What is the max amount of air a set of towing twins will move at 65 psi?
Depends on post-CAC IAT & OAT. I want to say 6 cyls @ 4.02 bore x 4.72 stroke is 59.90cu in, a total of 359.4 cu in. At zero boost and 3500rpm, the engine is pumping 364.02 CFM or 26.78 lbs/min @ 80F OAT, 80F IAT.

Adding boost will move 119.992 lbs/min at 3500rpm with 79.7psia boost at 180° F IAT post-CAC. 1614.81 CFM? Sounds high.

BTW, are you making ~686.66HP at the crank or is that estimate off too?

joefarmer said:
Depends on post-CAC IAT & OAT. I want to say 6 cyls @ 4.02 bore x 4.72 stroke is 59.90cu in, a total of 359.4 cu in. At zero boost and 3500rpm, the engine is pumping 364.02 CFM or 26.78 lbs/min @ 80F OAT, 80F IAT.

Adding boost will move 119.992 lbs/min at 3500rpm with 79.7psia boost at 180° F IAT post-CAC. 1614.81 CFM? Sounds high.

BTW, are you making ~686.66HP at the crank or is that estimate off too?

A little too high. Never did dyno after I was all said and done with auto. I did run one last time before I got rid of it.

2.2 60':bang

104 something @13.07

who care about all the advertising propaganda.... did you see the bad ass truck on page 42 thru 46 thank you very much :rockwoot:

or... if you want some of the best prices I've seen on any part :hehe: .... take a look at page 108 and 109.... man, where were those prices when I was in the market !!