Wrist pin bushing install

Dang, I don't remember them being that expensive. Where did you get them at?
They are clevite bearings from a local wharehouse distributor....cam, mains, & rods were only about $100. Forgot about rod bushings so was very surprised to get a $110 reciept on the next trip :eek:

don't think you resize the pins but actually resize the bushing. becomes distorted after installing. you dont want smaller pins. plus pins are perfectly polished and have sized grooves for retaining rings. just my thought

don't think you resize the pins but actually resize the bushing. becomes distorted after installing. you dont want smaller pins. plus pins are perfectly polished and have sized grooves for retaining rings. just my thought
Your correct I had it backwards in my original post....I'm by no means a professional engine builder...just a guy trying to build a 2.6 puller motor on a budget LOL :hehe: !!

Even before you install the bushings, you can not put the wrist pin through the bushing. They are over sized and have to be machined to get them to fit either way. But you are correct, they can get distorted on the install. But I'm guessing with the proper equipment that really isn't an issue.

Picked my rods up Friday....he said my bushings spec'd out ok so I'm not going to change them. Going to return the ones I bought this week and that will dang near pay for a set of A1 Rod bolts! :rockwoot: