Wtb 47rh

Well... can of worms but let's go for it.

I have a 5sp 02 I want to convert. I don't want to F with PCM or harness. I rode in a 95 12v with DTT 47RH with controller. I WANT that behavior lol! The way it contolled lock up and up/down shifting was almost like having a 5sp but shift like a tight auto. I likey... ALOT lol. If I go with an RE then I most definitely will need the do more electrical swap/work. The question is does the 02 ETC PCM have correct circuitry to drive the DTT controller? Bottom line I don't care what tranny I have or who made it. I want my tranny to behave like the DTT 47RH with controller I drove. If there are alternatives to achieving that I would be greatful for anyone's feedback. Gracias

I talked to Joe Webb in Commerce and asked him if they were working on an auto swap kit, he claimed in a couple of months they would. Time will tell, but if he does bring one out there might be a new note on the goat :evil

Man, if you havn't got it all worked out by spring I have a 97 with the re that has a new converter and valve body and I am wanting to put a 5spd in it. If you're still looking when things warm up here we should just swap out, you can have my tranny controller and everything :)

Man, I wish I'd have bought a manual. This is my first auto truck and I miss shifting pretty bad.

George

alldiesels said:
suncoast has a billet input for the 47rh

I know I have one:D But they dont make an output. Basically the RH is very close to the 47re with the exception of the output shaft that has the gov. assembly instead of the electronics. Supposidly they are stronger that stock RE ouputs but I have broken one already and nobody makes an aftermarket one, or at least I can't find one.. I know someone has plans for one but they wont give them up. Otherwise the only wires are for the O/D and the neutral saftey switch. Very simple transmission.

Question is can you get a smart controller to work with the RH and my 02 ETC PCM?

Regarding the swap, I would consider that but have a lot of questions regarding PCM/ECM.

I would prefer if going the RE route to just mount a floor shifter, and buy a APPS and an auto PCM for an 02. Question... is my ETC manual ECM compatible with the 02 auto PCM? I have a local guy who seems to think he can make it work but sure would like more info if anyone has any? I understand some custom wiring will have to be done if I don't want to rip out the existing harness.

I would think doing the swap from a 97 to an 02 might present more problems than getting a same year auto PCM to work with my ECM?