You Think Your Truck Has Problems ?

What I would suggest is to buy a Ford or Dodge the next time and see if It's any better. Doubt it..... Good luck.

7.3 yes 4r100 he!! anyone that knows diesels knows the 4r100 is the crappiest tranny ever built when adding a chip. I personal went through 5 on my 01 and every psd I knew with a chip last the tranny soon after. These were built trannies also. Back on topic it sucks to see you have such bad luck but you actually think a opinion of one person would have that much affect on chevy there has been alot of guys with no problems, at all with them, it dont matter the make they all make some that suck and fall apart. No two trucks are the same, I would def get ride of it and invest in a new truck.

Get a 12valve and be done with it. You can take the money you saved and put a nice interior in it and do some upgrades and you'll love it. Plus they sound better.

Well I didn't mean to PO anybody just gave my thoughts. Just annoying when people chime in to say something helpless. BTW my old man has an 01'. Bought it when it was brand new. Put a 60hp chip on it at 20k and has pulled a trailer that weighs over 35,000 every week ever since. The untouched factory trans lasted till 115k, he has no gauges. I'm sorry you had bad luck with the 4R100, but that doesnt mean its a bad trans.