2012 stock cummins tune automatic

Amor Diesel

im looking for a stock cummins tune for and automatic all isee in the library is manual equipped trucks of that year.

sweet thank you,
so if I cant read a stock tune off this truck with efi live how do you come by a stock tune?

HAHAHAHAH yeah ok on the EFI Live part. HP tuners just released software just like efi live for 03-05. I already have an 04 05 hp tuning files.

so on the hp tuners is it a pass through operation and also you save the stock os file and mod it and flash it or how does it work? data log? efi style set up or totally different?

Not sure what you mean by pass through,

HP tuners is set up very similar to EFI Live, you read the stock file from the vehicle (if you want, or start with another known good base file) save it, modify the file, and reflash the ECM. No hardware stays on the vehicle unless you're data logging.

so on the hp tuners is it a pass through operation and also you save the stock os file and mod it and flash it or how does it work? data log? efi style set up or totally different?

Yes pass through only with HPT.

You "Read" your ecm and are given a stock file to build from, it is not your actual stock file.

Datalog is done via laptop and the HPT interface.

Using the HPT interface in conjunction with a laptop to flash and log the ecm, as opposed to stand alone mode as the EFI V2 allows for.

Using the HPT interface in conjunction with a laptop to flash and log the ecm, as opposed to stand alone mode as the EFI V2 allows for.

Ah ok, understood. Wouldn't be bad, that's how I'm use to flashing with EFI anyhow. I never bother unhooking the laptop from the v2.

Using the v2 in black box flashing and recording mode (BBx) makes things much smoother and easier to do than lugging a laptop around

I'm sure when you write tunes for a living its different. But if I tune a buddies truck, and we go for a ride, and he wants to change something I have to drag out the laptop anyway. Easier for me to bring it along.

Yes that's just what pass-thru is for with EFI.

Or if your live tuning a customer and you don't want to review the log but watch it in real time then go make changes quickly.

sweet I might order one just to check it out! still unlock each ecm with the same tuner just buy license each time?

HP is only for 2003-2007 right now.

Efi is for 2006-2016...

At some point HPT will support 2003-2016+ but they are taking small steps

hey tylerltr450 so I finally got around to loading that 2012 dodge stock tune file in. I haven't changed anything I just flashed the tune in and now the auto trans will not operate in manual mode. not sure if I did something wrong or maybe the tune in the library for stock 2012 dodge didn't come with that option?

Back