Considering...

CBlack

Inquisitive
A LMM for a new to me truck.

I've read a bit about them but wanted to confirm here the "issues" I've read about.

-Cracked pistons due to too much power
-DPF issues (assume this is like the Cummins, delete and all is good?)
-Transmission lines leak

That's all that I've discovered.

Any truth? Any more?

What else to look(out) for?

Thanks.

Forgot something...

Looking to add some power to it and it will be an everyday driver.

There are piston issues, but mostly from poor tuning. Nice truckIMHO. MPG and performance can be improved upon with/without dpf delete. If you are planning on towing alot, then DPF delete would be a good choice.

I have a customer with a completely stock LMM with factory exhaust and DPF driving 1500 miles a week all year long. He improved 3.5 mpg over stock at freeway speeds with tuning alone.

There are piston issues, but mostly from poor tuning. Nice truckIMHO. MPG and performance can be improved upon with/without dpf delete. If you are planning on towing alot, then DPF delete would be a good choice.

I have a customer with a completely stock LMM with factory exhaust and DPF driving 1500 miles a week all year long. He improved 3.5 mpg over stock at freeway speeds with tuning alone.

That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks.

Especially about your customer...I'll be doing LOTS of driving.

Like said too much power but not till you make quite a bit of power. Delet the DPF and all is good; combination of that and tuning will gain you a good bit in mileage. Tranny lines leaking were mainly an LBZ issue but I have seen a few LMM leak. There are a few fixes for that that arent too expensive.

Like said too much power but not till you make quite a bit of power. Delet the DPF and all is good; combination of that and tuning will gain you a good bit in mileage. Tranny lines leaking were mainly an LBZ issue but I have seen a few LMM leak. There are a few fixes for that that arent too expensive.

Thanks.

Sounds like this is a pretty sound engine overall with decent fuel economy.

It is, free flowing exhaust and tune to eliminate the codes and your good

Loving all these answers, greeting an lmm delivered Wednesday. Only looking for 500hp goal .just like my old 05 dodge.

Back