EFI Live on a 2012?

2 Micron

I'm Going to switch from Smarty S67 to EFI Live on my deleted 2012 manual trans. I was wondering if anybody has comments or review of their EFI with full deletes in the 4th gen? Thanks

The EFILive software does not support deletes for 2010-15 Cummins.

Some tuners may be able to offer you that service outside of the EFILive software.

Cheers
Cindy

You'll have to buy an Autocal from one of the big tuners with the delete files loaded, it will probably be locked to that tuner only. I did see a few tuners that offering deleted V2 tunes for an insane amount of money, those tunes will also be locked.

last I found was the price for a deleted unlocked tune for a 4th gen was around $5,000. Thats one tune for one year on one OS. Insane price but they get it. locked tunes are around 750 without auto cal.

Needless to say my search for how to delete a 4th gen is still going.

Tony @ RidgeRunner has good prices. Emailed csp5 if you have a v2 already is under $600, $900 and you can get an autocal.

I know this is an "EFI LIVE" but I just hate the fact that if you buy an Autocal you're pretty much married to that vendor for life. I'm sorry but I'm not looking for a lifetime relationship with anyone. By the time you buy a V2 and a locked csp5 tune for $600, at that point the Euro version of the OP's current tuner is looking really attractive. Not to mention you'll need an Insight CST. They are pricing themselves out of competition.

So find someone that has a v2, and have them flash in the tunes for you. Having a v2 handy is good for more than just tuning your truck.

I know this is an "EFI LIVE" but I just hate the fact that if you buy an Autocal you're pretty much married to that vendor for life. I'm sorry but I'm not looking for a lifetime relationship with anyone. By the time you buy a V2 and a locked csp5 tune for $600, at that point the Euro version of the OP's current tuner is looking really attractive. Not to mention you'll need an Insight CST. They are pricing themselves out of competition.

False you can buy unlinked autocals from people. If I'm tuning someones truck I don't link the v2 to the autocal I don't like people thinking the same thing you are. If someone wants to go to another tuner be my guest. Or like jwhite said get someone with a v2.

What Euro version are you talking about? HP Tuner??

False you can buy unlinked autocals from people. If I'm tuning someones truck I don't link the v2 to the autocal I don't like people thinking the same thing you are. If someone wants to go to another tuner be my guest. Or like jwhite said get someone with a v2.

What Euro version are you talking about? HP Tuner??

I guess a few might sell an unlocked autocal but most big shops don't. And when you try to buy V2 tunes for the 2012/4th GENs the ones I've talked to lost interest pretty quick. RaceME ultra, I like the fact that it is all in one and you can adjust things on the fly. I do like EFI Live for the 07-09 trucks though, it just seems like you are paying more for less with the 4th GEN where EFI is concerned.

I may be wrong, but the RaceMe stuff isn't "custom" tuning, you just change the presets they give you on the fly.

Not at this point but I hear they are working on releasing a custom tuning program much like the old udc smarty stuff but more advanced. There are some adjustments that can be made on the ultra itself, injection timing, turbo response, and i think 68rfe tuning is available too. Ultimately it's up to everyone's preference, I jut like being able to make my own adjustments and not be tied down.

You can do all that with EFI, just not deletes is all. But you can have a shop load custom delete tunes that are flashed with EFI for a reasonable price.

I looked at the RaceMe stuff, actually DL the setup manual. When selecting the timing and rail pressure it just states the maximum it will run on certain parameters.

For a plug n play type setup that you don't have to do any real tuning to sort things out, I'm sure it's a great option. Website states $1500 with the unlock tool.

I've seen them as low as $1430 shipped and $1570 with the EGT kit. That unlock tool is another thing the 2013 and up truck owners won't have to buy. It just seems to me that EFI setup 4th GEN owner to be nickle and dimed to death by "most" shops whereas with the ultra deletes are factory supported like the 07-09 trucks and not just a hack done by tuners.

Last edited:
I've seen them as low as $1430 shipped and $1570 with the EGT kit. That unlock tool is another thing the 2013 and up truck owners won't have to buy. It just seems to me that EFI setup 4th GEN owner to be nickle and dimed to death by "most" shops whereas with the ultra deletes are factory supported like the 07-09 trucks and not just a hack done by tuners.

You forget that an autocal can hold 8 vins I think. So get 8 of your buddys to chip in the price for an autocal goes way down.with raceme its one truck. V2s hold 125 vins.

Still a win for efi live.

A little off tomorrow of topic but is efi available for newer than 2012's? I have a 2016 4500 I would like to delete. This is my first emissions truck so I am having to get caught up on all the tuning options available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little off tomorrow of topic but is efi available for newer than 2012's? I have a 2016 4500 I would like to delete. This is my first emissions truck so I am having to get caught up on all the tuning options available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes

Back