Electric fan build

Cozze44

Junkman
I always wanted a set of nice electric fans, but f*** 600 bucks for a set! In total, money out of pocket was 90 for an 8'x4' sheet of alum, and 20 per fan. Not quite done yet but not much to go!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380075362.232540.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380075390.830529.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380075407.687357.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380075428.237781.jpg

Two speed taurus fans should cool enough for multi usage. And the over flow is going to be relocated ising a smaller tank.

Looks really nine! I need to do the same thing. I'm guessing you have a large brake to make the bends?

Looks really nine! I need to do the same thing. I'm guessing you have a large brake to make the bends?

Thanks man. Yea i have a eight foot brake i use, comes in handy doin tin work. Just fished bolting the fans in, just gotta wire it in and its set.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380147893.301418.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380147911.552693.jpg

Nice work, any pictures of the brake? I really wish I had a nice big brake/press.

Very nice work man! I built a set like that for mine but I had to put the stock fan back on..on the dyno the electric fans I had just couldnt pull enough cfms to keep it from over heating on 3 back to back pulls

Very nice work man! I built a set like that for mine but I had to put the stock fan back on..on the dyno the electric fans I had just couldnt pull enough cfms to keep it from over heating on 3 back to back pulls

Was your setup similar? I'm confident they will work, how ever I do have doubts.

Slick set up. What do those tortus fans flow for CFM? Those look very different than the ones I've used.

Slick set up. What do those tortus fans flow for CFM? Those look very different than the ones I've used.

Not 100% sure, iv'e read any where from 3-4k each.

Thanks guys ill get a picture of that brake up i just got busy making this y-pipe for my stack last night. I want two 5 inch miter cuts running side by side. I couldn't find a y that divides perfectly so i cut up two 45's to make this one.

Heres some pics...

Attachments

• Picture 079.jpg
    Picture 079.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 080.jpg
    Picture 080.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 0
Was your setup similar? I'm confident they will work, how ever I do have doubts.

Yeah they were very similar, but I had 2 14" fans that only flowed 2200 cfms on mine. So maybe yours will do better. If I sat in traffic for very long my ac would stop blowing cold air with the electric fans too.

Fans look great nice work.

8800cfm is coming to mind for 2nd gen stock fan could be wrong but its somewhere around there.

Not sure of CR fan rating.

Fans look great nice work.

8800cfm is coming to mind for 2nd gen stock fan could be wrong but its somewhere around there.

Not sure of CR fan rating.

Thanks man, I attempted trying to find a rating on a stock fan but there is no solid for sure rating that I can seem to find. Maybe someone knows for sure?

SPAL makes great electric fans in a very wide range of sizes for virtually any application. A lot of racers use them.

Back