H2E

doc holiday

Engineer
hello everyone...im new to the forum so plz forgive me if i post this in the wrong place... had a few questions about putting a hx40 housing on my H2E....I tried running it as it was 63.5/71/17 but the 17 cm housing was laggy and had no drive pressure.... took forever to spool.... however once it did i got a good wheel chirp when locked into third.... Question is...will putting this 14cm housing from a hx40 make it comparable to a 64/71/14 from industrial or HTT? Will it be streetable .... keep in mind im putting it on a 98 12valve, 370 injectors, no plate, 17* timing, 305/70/16 tires/ 374 gears.;.....Thanks in advance:thankyou2:

40s did not come with 14cm housings. they are 16cm housings. im in the process of machining a 40 to fit my h2e.

What put of the 40 turbine measures 71mm?

well i just looked at one of my h2e's and i dont have a mic on me but i compared it to the compressor inducer of my hx50 (67mm) and it appears the exducer of the turbine would be the 71mm portion.

Last edited:
Ok, first of all H2E components are a lot heavier (slower spooling) than a comparable sized S300, also the S300 ET comp wheels out flow comparable sized Holset wheels by quite a bit. If you do manage to get a tighter turbine housing on the H2E it will most likely eat thrust bearings. I have ran a few different HX52 configurations a singles on my '04, all had a 16cm non gated housing and all of them spooled as good as a 66/74/14 S300 and out performed the S300 on top end power. The H2E/HX50/HX52 will not be street friendly on a mildly tuned 12v, I would ditch the H2E in favor of newer technology.

Last edited:
i see your point.....however being a mechanical engineer student in my last year of school and on a budget.... what did the 14cm^2 housing come on

i see your point.....however being a mechanical engineer student in my last year of school and on a budget.... what did the 14cm^2 housing come on

hx-35 i think or are they 12's? i cant remember.

Last edited:

I know where you're at but, a 14cm housing for an HX35 will run you $250 used to $500+ new, machine work will add another 150-200 dollars etc.etc.

You can pick up a good used S300 62/65/12 for under $1K and you'll like it better than any H2E.

hey Lee i got a ? for ya, how many different compressor wheels has the h2e used? cuz im tryin to match two of them up for a triples build and the one i just picked up looks a little different than the other. i dont have a micrometer handy today.

found a blown hx40 at wrecking yard..... $50 .....plus there is a full blown Cnc lathe here at the University.... the machinist said if i got it to him he could do it for me ....(gotta love free)....well tuition was like 3500 or so.....guess the jokes on me:nail:

will do!.... being that i dont have head studs or O-rings, i was gonna wategate it at 40-45 psi.... Hopefully the older heavier internals of the H2E will not be too terrible as to slow down the spool that bad....i mean its not quite a 64mm compressor.....and it has a killer wheel 71mm....ha ha.... combined with a 14cm housing i really hope its like a HTT 64/71/14 thats a tad bit more laggy.....

Not sure where the hell I'm suppose to go to start a new F ing thread but any ways I need a little help building up a 47 re... I'm lookin to run 200 hp injectors maybe 150's a 60/74/14 over a stock 75mm S400.... Hoping to make 600 hp give or take... What will I need to do to the tranny other than this
Master over (sun coast)
Triple disc TC
Billet input
VB
Billet flex plate

Thanks in advance

Back