Help! Not starting without ether

kleann

VP44 pwr
Okay just put a Helix 2 yesterday in my 24v. When you crank it, it blows white smoke and won't fire. When you spray ether in it, it finally fires up. It has a slight haze at idle now where as before it didn't. Before I had an ATS towing cam in it. Any ideas? :thankyou2:

Are you sure the cam isn't off? That's about the only thing I can think of.

You bought the cam from...... and you have called/e-mailed them when?

It could be off, bolt on or not if the timing marks where not lined up properly.

I bought it from Tim Barber and I haven't tried to call yet. I fiqured his shop was closed for the holiday.

Why don't ya stick the ATS back in and see if she'll run? If it does you'll know that A the cam isn't right (not likely) or B ya goofed somewhere.

Onco it starts it is smooth and it drives better than ever. It is burning alot of fuel though.

when you put the cam in did you degree it?or did you line all the dots up?

I am 100 percent sure that the cam and injection pump were lined up. I had to pull the cam back out a little bit to put the thrust plate back in, because I forgot. So could the crank and cam not be lined up just by a couple teeth?

did everything line up after you put the plate back in?do you think it moved?

sounds like your way retarded on the cam - didnt slip a tooth when you pulled it up for the retainer?

helix 2 - and what 100 degree centreline?
-5 degrees for a tooth, and possible a couple degrees for gear variations (mine was off by 3 degrees) - 8 degrees +/- thats a lot of cam retard

Back