Houston, we have a fuel knock.....

Mine sounds identical.... especially when cold, been that its whole life.

With that random a$$ tick that can fluctuate with RPM?

I just noticed it today.

Yes sir, exactly the same. Like I said first thing in the morning, even in this West Texas heat. After about 10 min warm up tick is gone. I watch my fuel pressure like a hawk & I as I have stated in this and other threads I have yet to see anything below 72psi from the lift pump (74psi is nominal) and nothing below 4.0Kpsi from the rail / injectors (idle) Cruising at 80 I see about 15Kpsi

Yes sir, exactly the same. Like I said first thing in the morning, even in this West Texas heat. After about 10 min warm up tick is gone. I watch my fuel pressure like a hawk & I as I have stated in this and other threads I have yet to see anything below 72psi from the lift pump (74psi is nominal) and nothing below 4.0Kpsi from the rail / injectors (idle) Cruising at 80 I see about 15Kpsi

I'll take your word on it. If it were a modded truck I'd think differently. I'll just go on with life I suppose. Lol

Define modded.... Remember I am deleted and I am running an EZ Lynk w/ Hardway tunes.

Im just generally speaking about what's expected with big injector modded Cummins.

Trucks going in to get looked at. It's either a fuel knock from an over contributing injector(sticking), or it's an exhaust leak.*

The diesel "tech" and I use this phrase loosely at the local Nissan dealer has 5 Titan Cummins in right now, I'll be curious to speak on what he has been seeing lately.

The diesel "tech" and I use this phrase loosely at the local Nissan dealer has 5 Titan Cummins in right now, I'll be curious to speak on what he has been seeing lately.

5?? How many gassers do they have in?

Why is Houston always involved when there's a problem in the Lonely Star state? :D

Mark.

Got out there with the motor cold and was able to get a better look and feel.

The lines nor the plastic around the lines had any noticeable feel of a knock. Since it was cold I could actually lay under the truck.

It's 1500% positively coming from the bellhousing...

Cracked flexplate is my belief.

Stock Titan XD Cummins Flexplate likely crack - YouTube

Actually, a broken crank does the same thing. It's unlikely of course; I just wanted to kickstart your paranoia. :lolly:

I've personally had two cracked flywheels on the dodge trucks. They stayed the same and consistant. One worse than the other.

I could hear that abnormal loose rattle, something like that just keep driving it and it will be easier to find, maybe another yr down the road, ha.

Do they offer aftermarket converters for those?

Back